Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rooms are very small ! Workings at front desk time of our stay we're not fully trained. Was told one price and charged another . Drinks overcharged and not that great. Frozen margaritas horrible !!!! Paid 388 for a two queen room !!!! Was worth about $150 ! Never Again !

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Fashionjunkie2012
Alex S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your comment. I apologize that your hotel stay did not meet expectations. I was a little confused about your critique though, as we do not serve drinks or frozen margaritas. Its possible you may have us confused with another property. Feel free to give us a call at 850-226-7108.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

First, let me say that if you just need a basic room in this specific location then the hotel is probably fine. However, for the price there are plenty in a better location.
My big disappointment with this property is that I travel frequently for business and this hotel falls way short.
Additionally, I checked in on Tuesday & seemed to have at least one issue most days and it took until Sunday for anyone in management at the hotel or IHG to call me back. Some nights there was no manager or general manager on duty.
Also, I was told that some of the issues were related to the holiday weekend which seems odd since they had no problem raising room rates then.
Non-Business CONS:
Workout room only has a treadmill, eliptical, & recumbant bike
Breakfast buffet is poor compared to other comparable hotel chains
Business Related CONS:
They seemed unwilling to provide maid service after about 11AM which could be problematic if you work day starts late.
May seem like a small issue but they tend to turn off your A/C to conserve energy and the rooms can become quite uncomfortalbe during the day.
The General Manager left me a note that she was only available during the day to talk.

Overall not a place (and potentially not a Chain) that is worth repeat business particularly compared to comparably priced hotels in the Hilton chain with better amenities

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Alan M
Alex S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. It seems that you had a few aspects of our hotel that you were dissatisfied with, so let me try and address each.

~ We recognize that you were upset when you checked-in because your company had not sent in their credit card authorization form. While this can be frustrating, I would like to point out that we use 3rd party credit authorization forms as a courtesy to our guests and do so only to protect sensitive credit card information. Additionally, and most alarming, was how you chose to react to this short wait. Sir, we can never accept guests throwing pens at our team members.

~ The 2nd point you raise is that our general manager was unavailable. To that I would simply respond that she is generally on premises 7 days a week from 9am - 9pm. During those hours she is more than happy to assist with any guest needs. I will concede that when you called after 11pm on Saturday, July 4th, she was unavailable, however, as you are aware, she then attempted to contact you and when that was unsuccessful, she left you a note to set up an appointment at your convenience.

~ Our workout facility is somewhat limited, but does include a treadmill, elliptical, & recumbent bike.

~ We do offer a complimentary hot breakfast with all of our rooms. The breakfast includes: eggs, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, cereal, hot cereal, fresh fruit, juice and coffee.

~ We keep housekeepers at the hotel from 9am until all rooms have been properly serviced (generally around 3pm). We are happy to accommodate any room cleaning needs during those hours. We do apologize that you left your "Do not disturb" sign up and missed housekeeping. It is our policy to respect our guests privacy and when they identify that they do not want to be disturbed, our housekeepers forgo those rooms. However, in your instance, upon notification, our General Manager did offer to personally provide those services to you herself.

~ It is our hotel policy to not touch the A/C unit in any of our occupied rooms. This means that we will not turn off the A/C in your room, but it also means, sir, that we will not turn it on for you on a hot day. We do apologize if you forgot to leave it on and your room was uncomfortable upon your return.

In conclusion, thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are definitely listening to your concerns and we will try to become an even better hotel from this conversation.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

In town for a wedding. Hotel was very clean. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, bed was comfortable. Hotel located in area with plenty of retail and restaurants. Breakfast was good and breakfast hostess Indy did a great job.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rlpolk

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. I am glad that our staff helped to make your stay enjoyable and that you found our beds to be comfortable. I will be sure to let Indi know that she particularly made a great impression. We hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for vacation. The hotel room we got for our money was perfect! It was very clean and spacious! The hotel staff was incredible. We were even allowed to check in at 12:30. That's three hours before check in time! The pool was well maintained. The area was close to everything in Destin, and it was very close to the beaches. One night we got a call from the hotel staff because of a noise complaint against us. Evidently we were stomping around the room. We told the staff member that we were actually in bed. They were very kind about the entire issue. Very polite! The only issue we had was that the floors and walls were very thin. We could hear noise all around and above us. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 708emiliep
Alex S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Its hard to know where to improve upon perfection. . ., but we will definitely try! I am sorry though that our hotel was a bit noisy, this is certainly something that I will look into improving before your next visit. Thanks so much for the kind review!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights and it was excellent. Breakfast was a real treat, with many choices. Room was large, clean, quiet. Outdoor pool a bit small, but hey, the ocean is nearby! Chair in the room was actually comfortable to sit and read. I felt it was a bit pricey, but you are at the beach, in the summer!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for a recent business trip. Seems like it is brand new and still in the roll-out phase. A few niggling issues all culminated in an unpleasant stay for me.
Pros - Room clean, AC excellent, respectable breakfast, good location.
Cons - staff inattentive and confused. Very low water pressure in the shower. Poor computer/printer facilities. Hotel Wifi signal weak.

Other -
Exercise room has 3 machines. Starbucks down the road. Towels rough.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor -- very noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FloridaFamilyofFive
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I am so impressed with the quality of service we received during our stay. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely welcoming & the price was right. On my way to the room I was already spreading the word of how very satisfied I was. Once inside the room that was another area I was impressed. I can't wait to return, even if I was to find a hotel closer to the strip I would stay @ this property. On previous visits to the area I've stayed @ Marriott & Starwood properties, I can honestly say they have nothing on this location. I will definitely be returning. Loved everyone & everything about it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple