“Great service, atmosphere, "almost great food"”

Floyd's Shrimp House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a great family friendly waterfront dining experience in Ft. Walton Beach, with the freshest seafood and best priced shrimp on Ft. Walton Beach, then Floyd's Shrimp House is the place for you! Come try our award winning, fantastic selection of fresh shrimp and other great seafood dishes. Fresh, daily specials and a menu with something for everyone that keeps our customers coming back year after year. Family friendly dining makes Floyd's Shrimp House the perfect spot to begin or end your day at Fort Walton beach.
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

The location is mix of a perfect vacation ambiance and a true offering of local fare. It is located at the Boardwalk and offers various seafood dishes. We needed take out after a long day and our large order for four took only about 10 minutes! The staff were incredibly friendly and offered me a free drink while I waited at the full bar separate from the family restaurant. We had the popcorn and coconut shrimp with mashed potatoes dinners. The shrimp were fresh, but a bit bland, but we are from spicy New Orleans! However, the mashed potatoes were not good, next time I would order a different side. The bill was around $80, including a $15 tip. In all, it's a great place to eat on right on the beach and pier.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Floyds is a MUST for us! Every year for the last 8 years we go there & this trip was no different we actually went twice this time once for supper & once for lunch! Never disappoints us! Best boiled shrimp! This year I tried the blackened shrimp & it was just as delicious!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I had the all you can eat Popcorn shrimp and fish plate. Cole slaw was tasteless. Shrimp was frozen battered shrimp. Sad seeing that we are on the coast. Best thing on my plate was the hush puppies. Waiter was nice.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We walked in as a family of 6 with two hungry kids. We were seated right away and our server was over quickly to get our order. She never let our drinks empty and was very attentive. Our food was served VERY quickly and was very good!! We will be visiting again!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We arrived when there was only two tables sat and by the time we left the place was full. Try to arrive by 5:00. Our food and initial drink order came out fast. The meals were enjoy by everyone and I will eat there again. I ordered a beer when my food arrived and as I took my last bite I still had not received it. It seems like our waitress couldn't handle the rush. I guess they don't offer desserts, because she came with the bill while we were still eating and she did not offer us anything else. My guess is they want you in and out during peak summer hours.

Saltwater Restaurants, Inc. owns all the restaurants at The Boardwalk Okaloosa Island. That being said they try to make each one themed differently, but once you eat at a couple you can notice some similar things, like the kids menu is the same.