“BEST shrimp and grits I've ever had”
Review of Asiago's Skillet

Asiago's Skillet
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I went here with my family this past summer and had forgotten to write this review. I am trying to make my own shrimp and grits that taste at least a little like theirs. We had a late breakfast here and it was delicious. The kids had pancakes and loved it. My shrimp and grits were perfectly seasoned, just spicy enough with the creamiest cheesy grits and it was by far my favorite meal I had all week while we were visiting. Don't really remember the service but the food we had was excellent.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The food is nothing I would say you have to go there to get. A chain restaurant breakfast would do as well for less money

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Super friendly staff and delicious food!!!!
A local told us about it and we will definitely be back !!!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

My friend and I had read the great reviews of this place, so we decided to give it a try. First cup of coffee foreshadowed what was coming. Coffee was tasteless, just insipid.
My chicken biscuit was a fried formed patty. i tried a bite. I decided to give it one more try. It was a no, a big no. Biscuit was edible; I picked around on it. The grits were okay, not good, not bad. I don't remember what my friend had except for the really bad potatoes. They were not edible. Looked shriveled, and she said the grease tasted old.
Needless to say, it is off our breakfast list forever. One of the worst breakfasts ever. Nothing redeemable. Maybe the good reviews come from those late nighters needing protein to soak up alcohol. I don't know. I just needed a good cup of coffee and some breakfast.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Man, I hate to contradict most of the reviews, but today was our 3rd time to visit the Asiago Skillet and none have been good. Two years ago we ate at the FWB location. Good food, poor service, high prices and it smelled like vomit. A year ago, we took guests to the Destin location, food ok, poor service and high prices.
Today, back to FWB. Still a little of the vomit smell, had to wait at least 45 minutes for our order to come to our table. My wife ordered Eggs Benedict and the eggs were hard as rocks. Finally,got noticed and asked waitress to bring soft eggs. I am sure she didn't, and had to ask again. When she finally did bring to the table we were nearly done with our meal.
I know there are many great reviews but I'm just saying... Think maybe it's time to move on for us to a new place for breakfast.

2  Thank Steven G