“Very, very good!”

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent four days there over Memorial Day and was very pleasantly surprised. Was somewhat apprehensive after reading negative reviews but loved it and plan to return ASAP! As to people's complaints - yes this is a complex containing four buildings, you WILL NOT get beach front by booking a standard room, you want beach front, reserve it. We had a corner beachfront unit, short, short walk to the fabulous sugar white sands. Unit was clean, came with refrigerator and microwave, table with chairs and loungers for balcony. Was very quite, no outside noises from pool, halls, door closings - a blessing after other hotel stays where every door slam was jarring. Only two slight areas of improvement noted, no drain plug for bathtub (a stuffed washcloth was improvised plug!), and both beds were very squeaky (but very comfortable).
Loved being able to pay for chairs/umbrellas for entire stay and having them reserved for my entire stay - no rushing through breakfast to ensure chairs!

Room Tip: Even a standard room was only a short walk to the beach, but gulf front is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo Ann P
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your Memorial Day break with us. I will make sure our maintenance team repairs those two areas for improvement. Thank you again for such a great review. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. The view from our room was spectacular. Everyone, especially the lady at Kiwi's were very friendly and helpful. In fact the lady (sorry I forgot her name) seemed to be everywhere! At Kiwi's, in the dining room and then again at Dempsey's.

We had grouper in the restaurant and it was excellent.

My only complaint is that if you want to use the umbrellas and chairs you have to rent them for $30 a day. That was a bit outrageous I thought.

Room Tip: It was well worth a few extra dollars to get a room facing the ocean. It was beautiful and very rela...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil L

Thank you for the nice review. I am happy to hear our team took such good care of you. I know exactly who the employee in question is and I have shared your nice comments with her. We look forward to your return visit. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had planned a trip to Jamaica, but had to change plans at the last minute. We decided to drive from Maryland to Destin, and we'd figure it out when we got there. We searched TripAdvisor to find the perfect property on the water which had a pool bar, and this was one of the options.

We stopped by several other properties before we ended at this one, and were very pleased. It was affordable, and it had a beautiful location. From my first encounter with the front desk staff, to the amenities, it did not disappoint. The beach had beautiful white powder sand, with crystal clear blue water. We loved the bartenders at the tiki bar which served the BEST Bloody Mary's we've ever had- we really loved them!! Just spicy enough, with a variety of tasty garnishes including spicy marinated green beans. Very tasty. The tiki bar provided live entertainment, and the bar inside the hotel had various themed happy hours which included complementary appetizers.

We were disappointed in the pool bar, which was covered and did not get sunlight. The bar staff were not very attentive, even though there were only a few people there.

At night we walked next door to Howl At The Moon. I've been to one before, but this team of entertainers were particularly talented, and very funny. We walked a few doors down and enjoyed a foam party.

Finding this hotel was a very happy accident to have come across this gem, and we'll be sure to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for your review. I am happy you accidentally found us! I am also glad you found all the great bar and restaurant locations just next door to us. There is always a lot to do just walking distance from the hotel. I have shared your comments about the bar (good and bad) to our Food and Beverage team so they can work to improve their services. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton multiple times, as it falls under my works per diem and I am a Starwood Rewards member. Located off the Gulf of Mexico, the beach is gorgeous (white sand and about fifty yards of beach between the hotel and the gulf. There are two pools that are kept in good shape. The only bad thing is that with the hotel being on the beach, every once and a while you will get a bug in your room which honestly, I dont think is preventable. The staff is friendly, the breakfasts are above average. If you are working at Eglin, this is an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. I am glad we are able to be your home away from home while working at Eglin Air Force Base. We have many regular guests that work there and we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and Starwood hotels and Resorts. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. We originally had reservations at the Hilton Sandestin, however, we had to call and change the reservation. They were so rude and nasty about it I just cancelled it all together. I found this hotel just a few miles down the beach. Glad I did!!! It was almost $200/night cheaper than the Hilton and our package included breakfast! We had a beachfront room, which was very clean and appeared to be newly renovated. Breakfast was great. This hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. For the price, you really can't beat it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MollyD0517

Thank you so much for such a great review. I am glad you and your husband had a great stay with us. I hope we can be your regular vacation spot in the area now. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great stay and located where i could walk to many attractions and restaurants . They have 2 pools and a hot tube spa. They also have a good workout area and laundry room. The breakfast was good and the Wednesday's free beer and wine was even better. I had a good stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the different amenities we have to offer. Our Wednesday Brews and Barbecue is definitely a big hit as well. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is nicely appointed with updated rooms and great manicured grounds. The breakfast buffet was a great value. Beach front rooms were well worth the extra money, just wish they had a king bed. There are servers who walk around the pool and provide drinks and lunch. This was a huge plus. The prices and food were both great.

Room Tip: Ocean front room is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OldBridgeTraveler

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the various food and beverage outlets we have to offer. Our beach and pool service does make it easy to relax and enjoy vacation. Please come back and see us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager