“Amazing view - nice place to stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Olathe, Kansas, USA
“Amazing view - nice place to stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We splurged and got the King Suite in the beachfront property. The extra space in the room was great, but the extra space on the patio was fabulous! It was absolutely worth the money. On 2 separate days we rented an umbrella and 2 chairs (full day - $30, half day is $20). Definately rent the umbrella and chairs from "Coastal chairs" immediately in front of the hotel. Going to the next hotel down - those guys are a rip-off. They quote same prices, but then charge tax and dont give you change if you pay in cash. If you rent from coastal chairs, you can text your lunch or drink order from Kiwi's. They bring the food to you right on the beach. And it's still hot. We ate there twice and it was very good for the money (well... and the location). The pools are clean and nice.

The room was really nice, linens were very nice. Housekeeping was prompt and no issues to report there. We even checked in about an hour early - and I expected them to tell me to come back, but no issues at all. I had also made a change in my reservation a few weeks before we arrived (adding a day). I sortof expected an issue with that - but there was no issue at all. Pleasant surprises abound.

Nothing bad to say- totally worth the price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. The beachfront suites do offer a spectacular view! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our texting program to order your food and beverages from your beach or pool chair. We look forward to your next stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. The location is wonderful. The beach is gorgeous and well-maintained. There are lots of restaurants nearby and you are just right over the bridge from Destin. We had booked a family suite almost four months ago. We arrived after a 13-hour drive, at check-in time, to be told their was a maintenance issue and we wouldn't be able to move into our suite until the next day. I understand that things happen, but the hotel staff did not in any way try to expedite our move or make it easy on our family of four adults and one child having to repack everything and move one day into our stay. We were put in a beachfront room with two queen beds and a roll-away. This left no room to move around the room, it was very cramped and made it difficult to even get out on the balcony.

We called first thing the next morning and were told we could move in to the suite by 12:30pm and that the hotel would text us. The day came and went, we called again and were brusquely told that "nothing was clean". We saw cleaning crews in and out on all floors and began to get the impression that we were not on any priority list to get moved since they already had us in a room. We left on a preplanned dolphin cruise at 4. We were finally called around 4:30 to 5:00 to be told we could move into the suite. Check-in was at 4 for new arrivals. We didn't get back from the cruise until 6:30 - 7:00 and were finally able to move into the suite we had booked many months prior. The family suites are great, which is why we booked it in the first place. It was just an extreme hassle to have to unpack and repack four adults and a 5-yr-old in the middle of your stay. We didn't feel the hotel did a very good job of keeping us informed as to when we would be moving. We hung around almost one full day of our three-day stay believing when we were told we could move by 12:30.

Other than our room not being available as reserved, the hotel is great. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. The beds were comfortable. We used the pools, hot tub and fitness center and all were as advertised. We enjoyed beach combing at night and there is plenty of space on the beach to play during the day with the Gulfarium next door, no one is fighting for the beach space.

We will likely stay here again, however we could see the lazy river at the hotel next door and may check them out next time.

Room Tip: This hotel is in two sections: a beachfront tower and older rooms facing the courtyard. If you want...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you had with your suite not being available the first night. I have gone over your review with the Front Office Manager so she can share this with her team and make sure they understand the importance of communicating this information so these types of problems do not occur in the future. I hope you will come back and see us again as this is not the typical experience you will have with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you want a beachfront hotel in Fort Walton Beach, it's tough to get much better than this property--it has its own boardwalk directly to the beach!! The hotel is decent overall with a nice pool, hot tub, fitness facility, and bar/restaurant area. The rooms--especially in the two-story part of the hotel (I did not stay in the oceanfront tower)--are undergoing renovation and they need it. While the renovated rooms are comfortable and mostly clean, there are some details that seem to need fine-tuning (the workmen make a complete mess of the hallways during the day, new paint appears to be applied haphazardly, the bathrooms do not appear to be part of the renovation but could use a face-lift).

Room Tip: Stay in the beachfront tower for the best ocean views!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy some of the great amenities our resort has to offer. I do apologize for any inconvenience from the improvements we are making right now. We are completing the replacement of doors and frames on the guest rooms right now. This project was a result of guest requests and the new doors look great. Thank you for bearing with us during that project. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I arrived way before check-in and they did not hesitate to get me into my room early. Anytime I needed anything someone was right there to deliver it to my room. All the staff made great recommendations and were always willing to give me directions if I needed them.

Room Tip: You can either choose a courtyard view of the pool or a beach view. Both are very good. I had a cour...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear our team took such great care of you during your stay. I hope you will come back and see us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This our 2nd year vacationing at 4 points FTWB. Last year was pretty awesome but needed improvements. And improvements we got in 2014.

Last year the wifi didn't work and this year it does. Woohoo. The splash pad is complete. The hot tub has moved and is wonderful. Love that they always have something going on. Movies poolside for the kids. Games and activities. The restaurants are much better this year. You can even text your order and they will deliver it poolside to you! How cool!

My only complaint is "green room" thing. I'm all for conserving towels and stuff but if you put the sign on your door you get ZERO housekeeping service. Coffee runs out. Beds have sand. Trash overflows. Etc etc. I had to hunt down coffee and take out my own trash. I was over by the 2nd day and forgo the $5 voucher. I needed housekeeping!

Great location, fun times. Seems to get better every year. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed all the improvements we have been doing. Rest assured you will see many more when you come back next year. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2014

we have been coming here for 10 years there is a group of 30 that comes we are all from kentucky and the staff is outstanding it is always clean and love the beach !! Marie & John we will see you next year :)

Room Tip: our room is always in the courtyard and we never have any noise issues
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffany D
Thank you for your review. We enjoy having your group with us every year. We will save that barstool at Kiwis for next year. See you then. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I did not realize from the pictures that most of the rooms were not in the 6 story ocean-facing building. The "traditional" rooms are not ocean view and are separate two-story buildings with outside door/parking lot access (not from hallway). Beware of what you are actually booking. I upgraded to an oceanview room for more money. The beds were comfy, but the a/c unit leaked water onto the balcony leaving only half usable because of the perpetual puddle. Not what I expected for the money. If you want an updated, lavish hotel, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize you did not realize we had different room types. We do try and label those very clearly on our website as "non-ocean view", "courtyard view" and "beachfront". Our main hotel picture is the beachfront building but we also have pictures of our two-story courtyard view rooms. I apologize about the air conditioner leaking on your patio as well. I hope you reported it and gave us the opportunity to repair or replace that unit during your stay. Our maintenance department is always eager to please and make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#7 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#11 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!