Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$123
Hotels.com
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach - Destin FL(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$221
US$160
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$165
La Quinta
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
US$94
US$91
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$193
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$144
Orbitz.com
US$302
US$263
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetcorner suiteocean fronthot tubsplash padfridge and microwaveoceanfront roomprivate balconyoff seasonfishing pierhousekeeping staffbeds were very comfortablean umbrellafamily vacationspring breakpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My oldest daughter got sick, so we needed fresh linens. 2 phone calls, a desk visit, and 2 hours later we got them. Their sense of urgency did not impress me. It's 12:30 am while I write this. I won't be back. Stayed once before with no kids and liked the place. But, never again for $240 a night.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank JCC_78
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I would like to apologize for the problem you had with getting fresh linens. Unfortunately this was during a time late at night when we only have one person working our desk and one security guard. I did speak with the security guard and he said he was trying to finish other guest requests, locate your linens and deliver them to you. Once again I apologize it took so long to get to you. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and accomodating, letting us rebook and then check in early when we arrived from our prior place early. Maintenence and housekeeping were awesome in helping us with a toilet issue and also promptly bringing extra requested towels. However, was not happy about the toilet, but I understand things happen. The maintenence man even went out of his way to try to find tools to try to open the truck after keys got locked in. The ocean front queen room has an awesome view, we were literally a few yards from the ocean. It is a cramped room though, smaller than I expected. The shower heads have different settings, which was really nice for the sunburn I was sporting, so I appreciated that. The grounds are well maintained and beautiful. Overall, I wish we could have stayed more than one night, and I would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you the great review. I am glad to hear our team took good care of you during your stay. We do some corner suites in the beachfront building that offer a lot of extra space and very large wrap-around balconies. Give one of those a try on your next visit! Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

As Starwood Owners, we actively patronize Starwood properties and maintain a high bar. This property falls far short of that expectation. As we were on our annual family beach vacation, we were looking forward to a relaxing experience, instead we were placed in a room that can only be termed a "motel" room a la Motel 6. This room was not only facing an unappealing center courtyard rather than the beach, but had an uneven floor, a broken chair and a closed sense of space. After much deliberation with the front desk and complaints by my wife and me (let alone after a full day's drive) we were told that the following day we would be moved to a beachfront room. This accommodation proved to be adequate, although the AC leaked water covering 1/2 the patio and the worn mattresses. Based on other reviews as well as fellow Starwood Gold members on the propety these appeared to be a common problem. Unfortunately, although the sand on the beach was nice, there was algae and a multitude of dead fish washing up on shore, so we opted to swim at the beaches in Seaside. The only upside of this stay was the professionalism of a few of the staff members including Conner, Ivana and Ashley. This property and its managers would benefit from raising the bar in terms of service and physical facilities and perhaps learning from more sophisticated properties along the Panhandle.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GlobalTraveler21

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize the room you booked was not up to your standards. We do try and make the room type locations very clear on our website. The room you booked was "Courtyard View". We do have one building that offers exterior entrances and perhaps this is the reason for the comparison to Motel 6. I understand that an exterior entrance may have a negative connotation to some but it is very commonplace with resorts in our area. We work hard to make sure these rooms are updated and well-maintained. I apologize the chair in your room was broken. I appreciate the nice comments about the service and the specific team members that helped make your stay enjoyable. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We splurged and got the King Suite in the beachfront property. The extra space in the room was great, but the extra space on the patio was fabulous! It was absolutely worth the money. On 2 separate days we rented an umbrella and 2 chairs (full day - $30, half day is $20). Definately rent the umbrella and chairs from "Coastal chairs" immediately in front of the hotel. Going to the next hotel down - those guys are a rip-off. They quote same prices, but then charge tax and dont give you change if you pay in cash. If you rent from coastal chairs, you can text your lunch or drink order from Kiwi's. They bring the food to you right on the beach. And it's still hot. We ate there twice and it was very good for the money (well... and the location). The pools are clean and nice.

The room was really nice, linens were very nice. Housekeeping was prompt and no issues to report there. We even checked in about an hour early - and I expected them to tell me to come back, but no issues at all. I had also made a change in my reservation a few weeks before we arrived (adding a day). I sortof expected an issue with that - but there was no issue at all. Pleasant surprises abound.

Nothing bad to say- totally worth the price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. The beachfront suites do offer a spectacular view! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our texting program to order your food and beverages from your beach or pool chair. We look forward to your next stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. The location is wonderful. The beach is gorgeous and well-maintained. There are lots of restaurants nearby and you are just right over the bridge from Destin. We had booked a family suite almost four months ago. We arrived after a 13-hour drive, at check-in time, to be told their was a maintenance issue and we wouldn't be able to move into our suite until the next day. I understand that things happen, but the hotel staff did not in any way try to expedite our move or make it easy on our family of four adults and one child having to repack everything and move one day into our stay. We were put in a beachfront room with two queen beds and a roll-away. This left no room to move around the room, it was very cramped and made it difficult to even get out on the balcony.

We called first thing the next morning and were told we could move in to the suite by 12:30pm and that the hotel would text us. The day came and went, we called again and were brusquely told that "nothing was clean". We saw cleaning crews in and out on all floors and began to get the impression that we were not on any priority list to get moved since they already had us in a room. We left on a preplanned dolphin cruise at 4. We were finally called around 4:30 to 5:00 to be told we could move into the suite. Check-in was at 4 for new arrivals. We didn't get back from the cruise until 6:30 - 7:00 and were finally able to move into the suite we had booked many months prior. The family suites are great, which is why we booked it in the first place. It was just an extreme hassle to have to unpack and repack four adults and a 5-yr-old in the middle of your stay. We didn't feel the hotel did a very good job of keeping us informed as to when we would be moving. We hung around almost one full day of our three-day stay believing when we were told we could move by 12:30.

Other than our room not being available as reserved, the hotel is great. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. The beds were comfortable. We used the pools, hot tub and fitness center and all were as advertised. We enjoyed beach combing at night and there is plenty of space on the beach to play during the day with the Gulfarium next door, no one is fighting for the beach space.

We will likely stay here again, however we could see the lazy river at the hotel next door and may check them out next time.

Room Tip: This hotel is in two sections: a beachfront tower and older rooms facing the courtyard. If you want a beach view, you must request it and be in the tower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you had with your suite not being available the first night. I have gone over your review with the Front Office Manager so she can share this with her team and make sure they understand the importance of communicating this information so these types of problems do not occur in the future. I hope you will come back and see us again as this is not the typical experience you will have with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager