My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points in Fort Walton Beach June 28 – July 3, 2014. We stayed on SPG Rewards Points so our stay was virtually at no-cost. Our daughter and Son-in-Law stayed in a separate room for a part of our stay. Overall, we had a good experience with few exceptions…
We stayed in room 214, a courtyard-view room. It was spacious for two persons with a pull-out sofa bed if we needed it (we didn’t). The rooms were recently renovated, and were kept clean and stocked with towels, soaps, etc. My main complaint about the room is we didn’t receive in-room coffee every day while we were there. If there is an in-room coffee maker, then why not give us coffee every day? Otherwise, we went to the lobby to get coffee each morning, but it would have been nice to have coffee first thing without having to get dressed and go downstairs.
The maintenance service was responsive to our needs – John was quite helpful when our AC was not working upon our arrival. He tried to reset it initially… and when that did not fix it, he replaced the entire unit. Took under an hour to do, and it worked fine throughout the remainder of our stay.
The grounds were well-kept and the facilities were updated. The pools were nice though may have needed some additional TLC as they received a lot of use and the water became dirty towards the end of the day (though I did see a pool guy cleaning the courtyard pool each morning). Also, there are not enough areas of shade – several additional umbrellas or canopies would be a great addition to both pool areas as the sun is intense and one can get sunburned without realizing it.
The property had direct access to the beach as it sits right on the gulf. You are just steps to the shore and surf!
The prices for food were decent. You could text your order to the Kiwi Bar of food or drink, and they would bring it to you, even to the beach if you wanted it brought to you there! The drink prices were steep, but that is to be expected. Just don’t order the Dreamsickle drink – it tasted bland and had little to no alcohol in it.
We were fortunate to have stayed through the evening of the Manager’s reception where free food and beer were served from 5pm – 6:30pm. The staff were helpful and friendly, and it basically helped put a dent into our dinner expenses for that evening.
The breakfast buffet was also reasonably priced at $10.50 per person which included food and drink ($11.13 with tax). We ate the day we left, which fueled us up for the trip home.
All in all, a great stay. But please get more umbrellas and/or shady areas for both pools, and the property would rate Excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points Destin-Fort Walton Beach is a tropical retreat on the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast. Friendly service and a relaxed setting in the Florida panhandle will ensure a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
- Four Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Sheraton Fort Walton Beach
- Four Points Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Four Points
- Fort Walton Beach Sheraton
- Four Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach Fort Walton Beach, Florida