Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
US$231
US$332
US$249
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$332
US$276
The Island, by Hotel RL(Fort Walton Beach)
US$310
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$225
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
US$138
US$434
US$422
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetcorner suiteocean fronthot tubsplash padfridge and microwaveoceanfront roomprivate balconyoff seasonfishing pierhousekeeping staffbeds were very comfortablean umbrellafamily vacationspring breakpools
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I loved the atmosphere of the resort in general. It is well maintained and there were updates in the place happening during our stay. Not a bad thing at all, we were not bothered by it. The workers are quietly working and you won't even see them, especially if you stay at the beach the whole day.

Room: We booked a courtyard room for our family (2 adults, 3 kids). The room is just the right size, has a fridge and microwave (important for when traveling with kids), basic bathroom and a balcony overlooking one of the resort's swimming pools.

They have two swimming pools, a hot tub and a water splash area for younger kids.

What I love most about the resort is that it felt so intimate. Not a big crowd of people whether lounging at the pool or at the beach. There's only one row of beach umbrellas and chairs, about 15 or so (owned by hotel-you have to rent) and it's so relaxing! People don't have to be on top of each other to get a good view of the water. We went in the middle of July. It's so different from the neighboring resorts, that has rows and rows of chairs and umbrellas and such big crowds!

We brought our own beach umbrella, chairs and mat. Yes, it is allowed and most people did the same thing. We also brought our own drinks and snacks. But you can order at their Tiki restaurant which is also good. Try their Jamaican Jerk chicken wrap, a bit spicy but so good. Vegetable spring roll, chicken sandwich and shrimp skewers are also good. They also have a variety of cocktails. The servers are friendly.

There was a movie night on the last night of our stay. It was shown at the pool area right outside our room so my kids got to watch from the balcony.

It is very close to the Boardwalk. Make sure you visit that too! Lots of restaurants and a good place to shop for souvenirs.

Room Tip: There a two options; stay at the hotel building (main) with beach view or in one of the rooms at their 2-floor buildings surrounding the resort amenities (pools, restaurants).
1  Thank MD1217
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for such a nice review. It sounds like you and your family were able to enjoy many of the activities and amenities we have to offer. You stayed during a time when we are sold out every day and we still receive those same comments about how it does not seem overcrowded. Part of that is the size of our resort and how we are spread out and offer two separate pools, three restaurants and a very large and private beach area. Thank you again for the great comments. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed one night on our way back from vacation. The rooms are very basic, I thought they were clean and the beds are comfortable. The location is right on the beach! For the price this is a good place to stay. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and accommodating. The down fall is that it is super crowded on the beach and in the pool. The ocean was full of green sea slime, so we opted to hang by the pool. It was pretty crowded and hard to relax. The final straw for me was that the water had lots of stuff floating in it and it looked cloudy and dirty. We just didn't really enjoy our stay here and wish we would have spent a little more and stayed at the neighboring Holiday Inn resort. We walked over to the Holiday Inn and checked out their pool and arcade and it was very well kept and looked like a lot of fun.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were here during a time when the water was not it's normal crystal clear view. When we have that seaweed roll in the pools can get a little crowded as other guests will opt out of the beach until it does clear up. I think if you gave us another try you would find the stay to be much better without the seaweed in the ocean. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Rooms were nice, beds very comfortable. Microwave and fridge in room was awesome. Very friendly staff and great location on the beach. Fishing pier within walking distance was very convenient. The pool is not that great but it was clean. It was also nice to park under covered garage if you were lucky enough to find a space depending on what time you were trying. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms would be a little noisier from wind whistling, but they said they were replacing doors to stop the noise. The view was great compared to looking at the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our resort and the people. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel looks great in the pictures. Its right off the beach which was great and we had a corner suite, which was huge and fit 5 of us (stopped here on the way back from disney so we all needed our space by then). But for the price I would not stay again. Parking was horrible. Service was horrible. Im confused at all the reviews about good service. Where were all these service people? We saw no one.. Literally no one. We had two tv's in the room and neither one worked. We called and complained (we actually called a couple of times and no one answered. Got someone and they said they would send someone. Hours later no one showed so we had to call again), they sent some one out and he said that all the tv's have been doing that for a couple of months and there was nothing he could do (both tv's just looked like they had bad satellite..very pixelated and alot of channels were stuck..screen not moving and stuck on a single picture). Beach was nice but water was horrible with sea weed (the hotel isnt at fault for that one!). Also, both days they ran out of towels. Service said we ran out (and this war around noon - and we checked back hours later and still out). Wifi was horrible. Same as TV. It literally shut off around 11:00pm and didnt come back until some time the next day. And if something goes wrong good luck finding someone. Front desk was always packed and you could never see anyone else anywhere (and we stayed on a weekday).

1  Thank TXTraveler365
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. The problems you experienced should be easy fixes and I will make sure they are corrected. Our Wifi and cable normally works perfectly so I don't really know why you had problems but rest assured I will have both checked out. I hope you will come back and give us another try. Regards, Jeremy Skinner

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Check in was a bit rough. The pictures are misleading, there is a big building that faces the beach that they show in the photo, but there are also some smaller motel like buildings behind it. As we were checking in, another couple was trying to switch rooms. We went to go check out our room and they put us on the side and the room opened to the outside parking lot which I do not like. So we went back and they handled it well and gave us a room that was inside above the gym. The room was great, very spacious and had a nice balcony that opened to a courtyard. It's a short walk to the gorgeous beach and they offer chairs and umbrellas for rent. There's a shower by the walkway to get the sand off and we enjoyed the pool after. There is a grill/bar by the pool, but didn't get a chance to visit. They are doing some repair work, painting and a carpenter was cutting wood outside. I would come back but now I know that I need to be specific about where I want my room to be.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I apologize the pictures were misleading to you. Since we just had some great renovations we had a new photo shoot and those pictures will be on our website very soon. We try to make the room descriptions clear when you are booking but I understand sometimes the pictures are what guests look at instead of reading the room descriptions. I am glad we were able to get you into a room that you enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager