“You can definitely do better..”

Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel this past weekend and it was definitely a disappointment. We arrived early (7 am) and luckily we were able to check in early for a fee of $25. Then, we we payed a security deposit that was originally supposed to be $75 but I had to pay $80 because the cashier lady "didn't want to make change". Our room was clean and the beds were comfy so that was good. The pool is a decent size too. This hotel was not close to anything, especially not the beach. There is a harbor across the street but you must cross 4 lanes of traffic to get there. Driving distance from a good beach, about 10 mins. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, they glared at us every time we passed through the lobby. This was the worst hotel service I have ever received. Also, there is no "free high speed internet", that is a lie. Breakfast was decent enough, typical toast, cereal, bagels, and donuts. This hotel is definitely not worth what I paid for, don't waste your money.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank thiskidroxx
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Thank you for your response. When booking via online travel agent, rooms deposit is required because travel agent pays the hotel and guest is responsible for incidentials. To prevent this from happning next time please book with the hotel directly.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

i had a check from Days inn to apply to payment. The manager refused to accept the check and said he "did not have a bank account to deposit the check." We found that the electrical outlets in the bathroom were falling out. There was dark color hairs all over the room...not ours I have red and husband has none. Overall room did not appear to be "renovated." Awful experience. Will never stay in a Days Inn again. Days Inn has lowered their standards.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caileenz
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Thank you for the response. We do not accept checks. We accept all major credit cards and cash.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

When we checked in they had water shut off for a roof leak. They finally fixed that.The room to room phones did not work. Then they came and took the phone away. They were supposed to have wifi. They had that in their office only. As soon as we got in the room it was disconnected.I will never go back their again.

Room Tip: Any other hotel will be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I called the hotel at 9:15pm (May 3rd) to reserve a room for the next night (May 4th) within 15 min my situation changed and I notified the hotel by 9:30pm the same night (May 3rd) to cancel my reservation. Only to be told that I could not cancel because it was after 4pm and the best they would do is charge me $81 instead of $89. 15 minutes, is all it took for all Days Inn hotels to lose a customer for life.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just returned from Ft Walton Beach and stayed at Days Inn. I had a very good experience. The manager and staff were very nice and helpful. The room was nice, beds were comfortable and the breakfast was ok. I will definitely stay there again. The beach was a short drive away.

Room Tip: room 232 was on the very end, nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked a room online for our family vacation. When we got to the hotel it looked a bit rundown, so my husband asked to see a room. He saw one and was satisfied. We unloaded our 3 children(all under the age of 5) and go to OUR room(not the same room they let him see, mind you). As soon as he opened our door it smelled HORRIFIC. It smelled like mold/mildew and a flower spray(like they sprayed the air in hopes of covering it up). The bathroom looked like there had been a major leak in the cealing and someone did shoddy patchwork. There were pee stains around the toilet. Mold/mildew around the shower, the drain stopper was a indeterminate color. We couldn't get any WIFI service(which we needed to plan our next day's activities). The front desk didn't believe us when we complained, but grudgingly moved us to another room. Not too bad of an odor in this room. BUT, the air conditioning didn't work. It turned on, but no cold air came out. And the worst thing of all was that there were stains on the comforters. I shudder to think what those stains were and the potential health hazard it imposed on my small children. There were hairs in the shower in this room. It was overall one of the nastiest places we have ever stayed and I will NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Looks can be deceiving on the internet! :(

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My room was clean, but old and shabby. The place was very loud and I was woken up at 3:00 am by people partying in other rooms. The free breakfast was horrible with little seating with a very poor food selection and luke warm coffee, and I even had to wait in line for that. In addition, my credit card was charged an extra $2.00 / day above what I was told on my reservation confirmation from Days Inn. (They charge your credit card the full amount when you check in, not when you check out.) I was told ithat the additional charge was for extra services for my room, of which I didn't request or receive any. The girl at the counter said everyone is charged this extra amount without being told. At my insistence, they agreed to remove the extra charge when I checked out. There are many other nicer and cheaper hotels nearby, so don't waste your money on this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo