“A Hot Mess”

Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked this hotel last minute after the other Days Inn hotel in Destin cancelled my reservation for the 4th of July weekend. (grateful for that) However, when I arrived this hotel, it was not anything as advertised. First off the prices were jacked up for the holiday at $249 (for a $50 room), but how can you charge such a high price when your hotel is not even close to the quality of the price. I was under the impression of getting 2 queen beds and got 2 full size beds. The room was cluttered with furniture and barely enough room to move around. The bedspreads had stains on them, and the bathroom was dirty. Lastly, when I checked into the room the desk clerk kept my credit card for over 24 hours without my knowledge. I didn't realize until the next day AFTER checking out that they were the last to have my credit card. When I called to see it they had it, they acknowledged they did like it was something normal. I couldn't understand why I hadn't gotten a phone call to let me know it was at the front desk. Luckily, I hadn't left the area before realizing it was missing. When I went to retrieve my credit card, the clerk just handed it to me without verifying my identity. For the money spent on this hotel, you would think I would get excellent service. I will not be staying at another Days Inn ever!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Tracie A,

I want to thank you for taking some time out to write us a review. We are glad Days Inn could accommodate you on a busy weekend, 4th of July is a big holiday for us. Our staff at Days Inn tries very hard to accommodate any request that you may have with the room. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience you had with your stay. All our rooms have brand new Serta beds, and Days Inn does ‘not’ have any full-size beds. I am sorry to hear you found our Queen-Size beds small, on your next stay, we would be glad to provide a King-Size bed for you. I did look into your credit card situation, the front desk did try to get in touch with you by calling your room. Every time front desk called, we not able to get ahold of you, I apologized we missed you. For security reason, we kept the credit card in your file, till you checked out, because we could not get a hold of you when we tried calling the room. During check-out we ask our guest to please bring us the room key back, so that way if you left anything, or if you had any personal messages, that would the time we would provide all the information to you. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the room to find urine still in the toilet, Dish looks like it's getting a signal from an old antenna with fuzzy (snow like) reception. Furniture looks like it's been in battle and I'll be sleeping on top of the covers just be on the safe side.

Stayed: July 2014
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Angie S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure all is clean. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised to our housekeeping staff and will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was nice and clean however the tub could use a good scrubbing it wasn't that bad though I seen worse. Pool was clean, the pool area was clean and inviting. The breakfast was ok but I'm a grits and egg type of girl so i passed on the breakfast, but the children however enjoyed it. I enjoyed my stay here and will visit again.

Room Tip: we stayed in 215
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya B

Dear Tonya B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool facilities. We strive to make Days Inn and our facilities fun and family friendly as much as we can. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property. We are very appreciative that your children enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. We want to make sure that you and your family enjoy every moment of your stay. Make sure to call us directly when booking your next trip to Fort Walton Beach

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

On their website it says they are newly updated. My question is, where? ?? My room was not updated. In fact, the receptacle in the vanity area was not working. Had to get extension cord to use hair appliances. Went in to take shower and the faucet handle came off in my hand. Took some time to get it back on to get the water to turn on. Noticed the tub filling with water and the drain plug was down. Bent down to open it up and it the drain plug lifted right out. The people were very helpful and apologetic, so this is no reflection on them. This hotel needs to be renovated and "Newly Updated" as their website states!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ellen C,

We hope that you will accept our humble apologizes for what you experienced at our property. We take guest comments very seriously and will work to ensure these issues are addressed and avoided in the future. We are glad that our staff member could come help. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide the best customer services as possible. We did the best we can to take care of the immediate situation though our maintenance department, but we also followed up and had the room professionally attended to in an effort to eliminate the situation. We value your patronage – we want you as our guest! Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Days Inn in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and we could not have had a better experience. The Days Inn is in a great location, near the beach and good restaurants and most of all the front desk staff at the Days Inn, Ft. Walton Beach could not have been more efficient in helping us out. There ended up being 10 or so rooms in our group and there were no complains. The rooms were clean, updated and most of all I felt safe. The Continental Breakfast was great with cereals, muffins and if you choose to do so you could make yourself a waffle. I was most impressed with the front desk and I had worked with them by phone as we were arranging several rooms over a month before we arrived. I recommend them for a single room stay or if you are a travel agent this would be a great place to recomment for your groups. Thank you again Days inn, Ft. Walton Beach as You were part of making all the details of the wedding party's arrival pleasant and nothing to worry about. Plenty of hot water, clean rooms with updated bedspreads, new paint, new shower curtains and the rugs were not worn. This is an property that has been updated and the nightly room rates were good. Betty & Joe and all of the people in our group says thanks!!!

Room Tip: This motel property has two floors. Motel on the right side of the road coming into Ft. Walton on 9...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty7great2grand
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We love to hear honesty and truth about Days Inn. We enjoy accommodating big groups. Having a group of wedding party staying with Days Inn is always a joy, we want your stay to feel like Days Inn is your home away from home. We are so pleased to hear that your group enjoyed their stay. We pride ourselves in making sure that we treat every guest like family! We are very thrill that the whole wedding party was pleased and making the wedding party arrival feel pleasant for the whole group. It is our goal to make sure that you are satisfied with every aspect of your stay from our brand new Serta beds to our Continental Breakfast. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide the best customer services as possible. Our hope is that you and your group come back and see us year after year. Make sure to call us directly when booking your next trip to Fort Walton Beach, FL. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our room was pretty nice, a little noisy, but that's to be expected I guess.
The young lady that was on duty the night we were there, was very helpful to us, because we could not get the wifi to work. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruth S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We actually have a very strict noise policy. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide the best customer services as possible. Our hope is that you come back and see us year after year. Make sure to call us directly when booking your next trip to Fort Walton Beach, FL. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is by far the best hotel in ft Walton beach for the price. the rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly. I will stay here everytime I am in ft Walton beach.. they have a gd breakfast na very nice pool. new beds which are very comfortable and a large television w/ cable. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN FT. WALTON BEACH ,FLORIDA DAYS INN IS WHERE YOU WANNA GO.....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles V

Dear Charles V,

Thank you so much for submitting a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to make sure that you are satisfied with every aspect of your stay from our brand new Serta beds to our Continental Breakfast. I will definitely make sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. We pride ourselves in making sure that we treat every guest like family! Please make sure to visit us again the next time you come to Fort Walton Beach, FL. Hope to see you soon! Thank you.