“Not bad but not good either”

Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Mesa, Arizona
“Not bad but not good either”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I've stayed in much better Days Inn's.
It wasn't the worst but I will never stay here again.
No walking access to a public beach.
Nowhere close to walk to eat.
Continental breakfast was decent. Beds were comfortable enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. It is our goal to make sure that you are satisfied with every aspect of your stay here at Days Inn from our brand new Serta beds to on Continental Breakfast. We are sorry to hear that our location wasn't what you expected, we are within half mile of driving distance from most of our restaurants in town and the beach is just over the bridge. We thank you for staying here at Days Inn, we hope you can give us another chance, as we try out best to update our property year after year. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Earlville, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night. We did not get the room we reserved. It was very dirty, food on floor, cobwebs hanging from ceiling and on the walls. Wi Fi did not work, asked for a reboot and it worked for 10 mins before going down again. I went next door and used the comfort inn computer trying to find another room for the night. Could not find one so we had to stay. I woke up after a bad night of sleeping with bites on my left leg. The air conditioner did not work well. Never again will I stay here. The bath/shower was dirty we did not shower or eat there. Just got up and left. Rooms were very small no place to move around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I would like to thank you for your review; I am deeply sorry that your experience was not what you expected on your stay. I will get in touch with our housekeeping staff and pass the message along so our services our best provided. Our staff works very hard to accommodate any needs our customers may have. On your next visit please inform the Front Desk of any issues you may have with the room, so we can try our best to accommodate you on the property then and there. Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you as we maintain to update our property yearly. We appreciate your business. Thank You
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Dirty, tiny room, dog food in the corner, sketchy hotel personnel, BUGS, Police showing up... Overly expensive for the level of service. Stayed one night and moved to the Comfort Inn, next door for $10 more per night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Kendall,

We appreciate your review. Also I would like to apologize that you did not have a great experience and had to relocate. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide the best customer services as possible. It is always best to let the Font Desk Agent know of any issues you may have, so we can fix any issues you may have on the property then and there, so your stay with us is comfortable. If we had known, we would have relocated you to another room or tried our best to accommodate you. We have passed along your comments about the dog food in the corner to the director of Housekeeping as what you described is not the level of excellence we expect at Days Inn, FWB. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property. Thank you for your business.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The coffee maker in the bathroom is nasty, I never use them! So I was excited to go down to the breakfast and get a fresh coffee, well NOT!!
It was colored water, no taste. Long line for breakfast when got to the waffles, they were out of batter. For $122 it was pretty rundown, chairs inside needed to be replaced. It was more like a $50 a night room, but no bugs!!!

Room Tip: lots of steps to second floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Julie V,

We appreciate the time you took to submit a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our Continental Breakfast. Almost all of our guest have wonderful things to say about our breakfast. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room even if you want to replace your coffee maker in the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. Coffee made at the Continental Breakfast, is made drinkable to all types of coffee drinkers. But next time, please do let the front desk know that you wish a stronger pot of coffee. We would be happy to make it for you. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide the best customer services as possible. Our hope is that you and your family come back and see us year after year. Make sure to call us directly when booking your next trip to Fort Walton Beach, FL. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked this hotel last minute after the other Days Inn hotel in Destin cancelled my reservation for the 4th of July weekend. (grateful for that) However, when I arrived this hotel, it was not anything as advertised. First off the prices were jacked up for the holiday at $249 (for a $50 room), but how can you charge such a high price when your hotel is not even close to the quality of the price. I was under the impression of getting 2 queen beds and got 2 full size beds. The room was cluttered with furniture and barely enough room to move around. The bedspreads had stains on them, and the bathroom was dirty. Lastly, when I checked into the room the desk clerk kept my credit card for over 24 hours without my knowledge. I didn't realize until the next day AFTER checking out that they were the last to have my credit card. When I called to see it they had it, they acknowledged they did like it was something normal. I couldn't understand why I hadn't gotten a phone call to let me know it was at the front desk. Luckily, I hadn't left the area before realizing it was missing. When I went to retrieve my credit card, the clerk just handed it to me without verifying my identity. For the money spent on this hotel, you would think I would get excellent service. I will not be staying at another Days Inn ever!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Tracie A,

I want to thank you for taking some time out to write us a review. We are glad Days Inn could accommodate you on a busy weekend, 4th of July is a big holiday for us. Our staff at Days Inn tries very hard to accommodate any request that you may have with the room. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience you had with your stay. All our rooms have brand new Serta beds, and Days Inn does ‘not’ have any full-size beds. I am sorry to hear you found our Queen-Size beds small, on your next stay, we would be glad to provide a King-Size bed for you. I did look into your credit card situation, the front desk did try to get in touch with you by calling your room. Every time front desk called, we not able to get ahold of you, I apologized we missed you. For security reason, we kept the credit card in your file, till you checked out, because we could not get a hold of you when we tried calling the room. During check-out we ask our guest to please bring us the room key back, so that way if you left anything, or if you had any personal messages, that would the time we would provide all the information to you. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the room to find urine still in the toilet, Dish looks like it's getting a signal from an old antenna with fuzzy (snow like) reception. Furniture looks like it's been in battle and I'll be sleeping on top of the covers just be on the safe side.

Stayed July 2014
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Angie S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure all is clean. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised to our housekeeping staff and will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was nice and clean however the tub could use a good scrubbing it wasn't that bad though I seen worse. Pool was clean, the pool area was clean and inviting. The breakfast was ok but I'm a grits and egg type of girl so i passed on the breakfast, but the children however enjoyed it. I enjoyed my stay here and will visit again.

Room Tip: we stayed in 215
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonya B
Dear Tonya B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool facilities. We strive to make Days Inn and our facilities fun and family friendly as much as we can. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property. We are very appreciative that your children enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. We want to make sure that you and your family enjoy every moment of your stay. Make sure to call us directly when booking your next trip to Fort Walton Beach