I stayed in a one bedroom suite for two nights with my family. It was a very expensive splurge for a large family at $269 plus fees and taxes per night! I was disappointed as the room was run down and outdated. I believe that the facility manager is not carefully inspecting the property on a regular basis. This hotel stays busy because of its great location--the beach is amazing, and I appreciated the easy beach access, pool activities, tiki bar, and free chairs/umbrellas. But that does not make up for things like the bottom of the bathroom door was cracked and moldy. The tile grout was dirty and stained. The living room rug felt "damp" as if the room needed a dehumidifer. Both the bedroom and living room are very dark. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my family went to the pool at 430 in the afternoon, and there were no pool towels. I asked the girl on duty for some, and her sassy response was "YOU" can check the other pool. I did, and no towels were there as well. I then went inside and asked the front desk for some towels and they said they would bring some out. They did not. My children and I stayed at the pool, ate, and played until it closed that night. Still no towels--for anyone. Many guests were requesting and looking for towels. Surely a beach hotel would plan ahead for the busy summer season and keep towels coming to the pool. Like I said before, the managers are not closing watching this property and holding it and its employees to high standards. I am a priority club member, but this hotel is off my list forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin Florida