The Island, by Hotel RL
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$216
US$249
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$332
US$365
US$299
US$342
US$332
BestWestern.com
US$231
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$225
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
US$134
US$433
US$421
2,559 results
All reviewsgrotto poolswim up bargarden cafealvin's islandheated poolsplash padbreakfast buffetfort waltonoff seasonfamily vacationocean frontpoolsbeachdestinreunionlandscapingchairs
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Our vacation stay was June 5th - 9th. My family consisted of (3) adults & (9) kids and I can truly say that our stay was perfect. We had adjourning (3) adjourning rooms and they were clean, staffed with lots of towels and the garden location was perfect. This Hotel has several pools and a kiddie pool and the beach is a short walk. There is a hot tub and it really felt good, especially in the late afternoon. I will always stay at this Hotel. The BBQ stand in the courtyard served good food and the staff overall was excellent. One of our rooms were a little smaller than the others, but we reaaranged the tables in the room and it worked perfect. We've declared that this is our family vacation spot.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank peg4820
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My fiance and I stayed there to attend a friend's wedding. The rooms are pricey, but it was on the beach and had a restaurant & lounge on site, so we booked it. We were pleasantly surprised by the grounds - lovely landscaping, seating areas all over, swim-up bar, Alvin's Island souveneer shop and tiki bar on the beach! Really great! We stayed in one of the older rooms and it was clean, but small and not updated. We don't spend much time in the room anyway, so it suited our needs - beds, iron, ironing board, blow dryer (wall-mounted), safe, etc. The beds weren't super lush, but they were comfortable. The carpeting & bedspreads are ugly, but, again, we didn't care about that. The room is small; probably too small for mom, dad and 3 kids, but the place itself is very kid-friendly. I saw that there were rooms that opened RIGHT INTO the pool (literally - door, chairs, pool - no railing, no sidewalk, just jump right in) and I would advise against getting a room like that if you have small children. Our room opened to the back of the BBQ hut (great barbecued food there and very friendly staff!) They showed an animated movie in one of the pool areas (I guess they show them Friday & Sunday nights during the summer) The board walk area, just down the beach, is also great!
I plan on returning with friends soon. When on vacation, we are willing to pay a little more for convenience. Staying here was similar to taking a cruise, except that the food is not free. If you like cruising, you'll like staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Someones_Sunshine
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was worried about booking with a Ramada since we usually stay at Hamptons because they are always reliable, updated and nice. I have just never seen a good Ramada. So here are my tips and review. Stay in the tower. We got a Gulf View Room and it was well worth it. The room was nice, better than I expected for a Ramada. Clean, neat and updated furnishings. The bedding was not the fluffy comforters you usually but I didn't mind because they are cumbersome to me. I preferred the bedspread. The bathroom did need updating but it was clean and everything worked well. No counter space to speak of but that wasn't a problem for us. The A/C was cold which was good because my husband likes it cold. The balcony was a nice addition as we woke up daily to an ocean view. If you sit on the balcony you will have to turn the A/C off because the exhause/compressor is right ont he patio and it gets hot with the air blowing out. The room TV was a flat screen and a good selection of stations. I did think the hallways need updating. You kind of got the feel you were walking through a bad apartment building. Everything was tile but I get that because everyone comes back to their room from the pool dripping water so carpet would not be a wise choise for a beach hotel. The lobby seemed to be the most updated as it was beautiful but who is going to spend time in the lobby? The cafe was ok. We did not eat breakfast. We did have one dinner there and I was not impressed. Overpriced to me and the food was not bad but it wasn't great for the price we paid. The beach bar was a nice addition as was the grotto bar. The pools were awesome. The grotto pool was my favorite. It was pretty and large-not heated but in the daytime who wants a heated pool. The other pool is heated but we only used it at night because it was heated. Access to the beach was so nice-just walk out the door. The grounds were very pretty and someone was always cleaning, trimming or sweeping. There is a bbq hut and a gift shop on the ground but the gift shop was pricey for towels and beach items so go somewhere else unless you want to pay $12 for sunscreen. We walked on the beach every morning and evening and it was so nice. The pier is close and you can fish off it-we just walked but had to pay $2.00 each to do that which was ok with us. There is a small boardwalk on the pier with restaurants, a gelato place and a few other small shops. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, but like I said we stayed in the tower. The standard rooms are in a 2 - 3 story units on either side of the tower so I can't speak for those rooms and the quality. But I suspect that all the bad reviews here were from folks that did not stay in the tower. For the price we paid I would say we got more for our money here than if we had stayed had the Sheraton Four Points or the Holiday Inn Resort - I looked at those and they did not seem to have what the Ramada offered.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower. Those are the best rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank indigofairy
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Nice rooms. Beach view are the best. I would request a walk up beach view or a swim up pool view room.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Matrbutler
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Wasnt sure after paying high price for room is it was going to be worth it or not.....found all the activities of the hotel made the price worth it. I would recommend that paying $50 night more for view of the pool vs parking lot may or may not be worth it depending if you want to keep your window open. I wished I would have not paid the extra now since we only used the room to sleep. Wasnt happy with front desk when it come to being negotiable during check in. Hotel wasnt nowhere near full and was surprised that lady at front desk would have let me walk out over price. Other than that room was clean and location is great. Will most likely stay here again assuming can get a reasonable price. Breakfast buffet ($10 per person) was not very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family