“Love this place!!”

Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I came here with some friends for our anniversary and had such a great time. My husband and I have stayed here once before and enjoyed it then as well. The staff are nice and helpful. The place is clean and the view was amazing. We had and ocean front room with two balconies. The pier is in walking distance. Restaurants near by are delicious. White sand = cool feet unlike the coast side of Florida. Our suite was spacious and the view was worth the price. There are a few eateries on the premises that are a bit high but overall was good food. The outdoor bar heading out to the ocean is a must to stop by. I would recommend having a Banana Boat to drink. Very Good! We were able to rent a waverunner right outside the hotel. We were able to talk them into allowing us to rent it for only a half hour as I am terrified of the ocean. LOL. We love the Ramada at Fort Walton Beach and won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Pick the ocean view you will NOT be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brownie511
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos and for the compliments about our resort. We hope you and your husband will return again next summer for another Banana Boat!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel was conveniently located near the boardwalk. Room was cozy, yet small. Grounds were nice, front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was near the stairs which was noisy. The pool was too cold to enjoy, the grounds were nice. The restaurant onsite was disappointing, expensive and slooooow service. They promote the breakfast buffet, but charge you extra for custom eggs. I had to get my own coffee refill. Breakfast for two $28. The BBQ shack had good food, but pricey $7.95 for a burger with two sides. Overall it was okay.

Room Tip: Hotel offers oceanfront and pool view that are newer than the older part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cecilia C

We appreciate your compliments to the staff. Thank you for telling us about your visit and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here last summer in a beach front suite on the 3rd floor.. my sister and I with our childeren... the only words I have to discribe this place is EXCELLENT... the pool... the location... right on the beach... walking distant to restanuant.. plus on site places to eat... short drive into Destin...We stayed for a week.. was totally awesome... little expensive for a week. The only small problem I had was people who do stay for 6 days or longer should be "compensated" in some way? Other wise no problems...We are planning on staying here again.

Room Tip: I've only stayed here once.. and stayed for a week 7days/6night had 2 adults and 2 kids we go...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you and your sister for staying with us and sharing our family friendly resort with the children. Please visit again next time you vacation at the beach.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

My boyfriend and I travel together quite a bit and this was the first hotel I have ever felt the need to post a review for. We used the pay for in advance option which allowed us to get a really good rate. You cannot cancel for any reason however so I could see how this might be a problem for some people.

This truly is a resort. If you don't want to, you don't have to leave the property the entire time you are there. The hotel is directly on the beach. Lots of algae in the water, which was one of the few downsides to the trip, but not that big of a deal for us. There are two swimming pools, one is "heated" (which is to say it isn't freezing cold water but is more room temperature). The other pool is much larger and has a swim up bar. There are no stools at the bar so unless you want to stand, you have to take your drink back to your chair. As I am writing this, it occurs to me that during the summer, the lack of stools probably keeps people from loitering around the bar. Probably a smart move so more people get a chance to drink. There is also a separate hot tub area. Both the pools and hot tub are well maintained. Each day, there is chair and umbrella service (complimentary) at the beach.

On the subject of bars, there are two others on the property. One on the beach and one in the lobby of the hotel. All bars and restaurants allow you to charge food and drinks to your room if you check in with a credit card instead of a debit card. The lobby bar has happy hour specials from 4-7 each day, $2 draft beer and $3 house wine and mixed drinks.

The food on the property is really good, especially the breakfast buffet. It is $10 per person and offers a fantastic variety of breakfast favorites and pretty decent coffee. The bbq hut is located next to the pool and offers burgers, hot dogs, french fries and ice cream, as well as non alcoholic beverages. The prices everywhere are very reasonable (including drinks), similar to what you would pay off the property.

Only complaints I had are miniscule: no towel service at the beach or pool, so unless you bring beach towels with you from home (which we didn't), you have to take the ones from your bathroom and they are too small. Also, the bed only comes with two pillows, and both my boyfriend and I are used to sleeping on two each. As I said, very small complaints, but I felt I had to mention them or else my review might seem fake! :-)

Overall, a wonderful hotel, a true hidden gem that we plan to visit again next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Brcanne

What a thorough and thoughtful review of our resort. Thank you very much. I hope that you and your boyfriend return next year. Feel free to ask for extra pillows, too.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Great place to spend a few days on the beach. You do want to have a room in the main tower though and not in the courtyards. The pool view is nice, but the beach view is worth the money. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the bartenders at the lobby bar were really good to us throughout our stay. The location is just about perfect for reaching everything from Navarre to San Destin. The rooms are pretty thin on amenities and not very large at all. Don't expect great finishes or plush accommodations, but thats ok - the beach is a 30 second walk from your room and its one of the best in Florida. After all, thats why you come to this hotel in the first place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam H

Thank you for reviewing your visit. I agree that we have the best beach in Florida. The view of the Gulf of Mexico from the beachfront rooms can't be beat. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I read all the reviews and though they were mixed, I booked anyway. I was thouroughly impressed. Location is perfect, rooms are clean, the bed was a pillow top, staff was incredibly friendly. The pool water was a little chilly and so was the ocean but I didnt care. The hotel grounds were beautiful. Easy access to the beach. Beach area was gorgeous and super clean. I got a massage on the beach!! The room decor was typical hotel decor, but if you came to florida to stay in the room, then you are coming to the wrong place. If you want a clean comfortable place to stay in a great location, then stay here. There are many types of rooms here. There are some that open to parking lot, some have balconies overlooking the gardens, some overlook the pool with the edge of pool coming up to the balcony, and some overlook the ocean. we stayed in the oceanview. We had a microwave, fridge, cable with free HBO, and free wifi. I will definately be back and my new vacation home is Ramada Beach Resort!!!

Room Tip: rooms overlooking ocean are quiet with a great view to boot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Terri R

We are so happy that you've chosen our resort as your new vacation destination and appreciate the kind words. Thank you for writing such a detailed review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Me and my wife stayed Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. The Grotto pool with swim up bar was awesome but way too cold to swim in. The heated pool was smaller but refreshing. Wish they heated the grotto pool instead. There is a hot tub/whirl pool but they jets weren't working. Pool guy blamed it in kids play with the button but I feel like that was a lame excuse. Our room was facing the grotto pool with a balcony. The view was nice but if I did it again we'd stay in a beach front room. As for the rooms, everything that was said before we found to be true. Not dirty and I felt as though they did a good job cleaning every day. But everything was dated, even the flat screen TV had issues. The room we also welt was loud. Not because of unruly guests, just from loud doors and thin walls So overall the staff was great, the grounds were nice, we loved the location on the beach, but the rooms need a serious upgrade.

Room Tip: opt for the ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing you positive experience. We appreciate your suggestions regarding the room updates and have great improvements planned. Please visit again to enjoy the new and improved features.