The Island, by Hotel RL
US$249
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
BestWestern.com
US$276
US$231
HIExpress.com
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$225
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
US$134
US$433
US$421
Orbitz.com
2,559 results
All reviewsgrotto poolswim up bargarden cafealvin's islandheated poolsplash padbreakfast buffetfort waltonoff seasonfamily vacationocean frontpoolsbeachdestinreunionlandscapingchairs
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything was close by. The beach was a short walk pools were nice. The pools are open late which was good for my ten year old. He could swim after dinner. Housekeeping was great, but wish housekeeping spoke more English. HUGE language barrier. I would love to know what type of mattresses they use as I am in the search for a new one. This one was GREAT!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tinaco9999
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Manager at The Island, by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thanks for telling us about your visit. We're so happy that you loved our new mattresses so much. They are Simmons Beauty Rest - Cape Breton. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Manager at The Island, by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

It was not clear at all from pix online that this is a motel with rooms exiting on a parking lot. I once stayed in a Holiday Inn in Lakeland where a neighboring guest was murdered, so I would NEVER book a room in this kind of hotel had I known. Too late - room already paid for - so I asked for a room NOT on the first floor facing the parking lot, explaining my experience. You would think I asked the clerk to give me the moon! After much fuss, and demands for extra dollars, we were moved to a courtyard room. Promptly went to beach and was waited on by a cabana boy who refused to give me a receipt for my credit card purchase, and was later accused by his coworker of not having paid for my beach chairs! I can honestly say this was the worst service I've had in some time, very disappointing, would never return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jody F

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our resort. Thank you for telling us about your stay. We will use your feedback to improve the quality of our resort.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The resort was Definitely outdated for 220.00 a nt, you would think you would at least get beach view... Not here!! It was so loud, and we had a corner room located by the employees outdoor break area I guess. This is where they loudly listened to music and smoked cigarettes. The pictures online make this place look so much better!! The pool was really small and had a small cave over the grotto bar. That bartender was swamped and it took us 20 minutes to get one drink. We decided to leave there and go to the beach. That was awesome, and we met the sweetest bartender who made us many drinks at the beach bar behind Remada. She has a lot of children and was so friendly... Wish I remembered her name. She worked 10 am til 10 pm. Try the Peach Islander drink.. Yum!! The beach was gorgeous, rooms were very clean and bed was very comfortable, and ac worked great!! Cons, outdated, overpriced, and no balcony or view, very loud and paper thin walls. Go somewhere else please!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our Beach Bar bartender and her drink making expertise. Thank you also, for your suggestions on what we can do better.