“careful what you wish for”

Holiday Lodge & Suites
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2012

cheap hotel close to the beach ?you got it but beware . I spent many of nights in hole in the walls but this one takes the cake. Bring your lysol and pistol and you'll be just fine. Not a family hotel as I was scared for my 2 girls. Yearly visits to ft walton. This one is number 1 on not to stay.

Ps...did not see any hotel security.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank geeves66

Reviewed 13 June 2012

A lot of the reviews on here are rated as if somebody was murdered here. It's just your run of the mill motel. It was decently clean, with a fridge, tv, and microwave. The sheets were changed daily, but the mattress cover had a tendency to come undone, so bringing a fitted sheet might not be the worst idea. Within 20 mins. of the good beaches in Destin, and plenty of places to eat around the corner. The terrible reviews of this place on here just cement the fact that many of the people who use this site are just plain old spoiled. It's not a great hotel or anything, but it is worth the cheap prices that you pay to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Diveandjive
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I made a last minute mistake when I booked this hotel... The smell of the room was so bad I went to the local Wal-Mart and purchased Frebreze. The towels, pillow cases, and sheets were stained and dingy. The cleaning service halfway cleaned the nasty room and did not leave clean towels. We had to wait 30 minutes for clean towels. The hotel itself was very noisy. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: A tip I can give it to book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VLAllen
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I checked in around 11pm on a friday night and the lobby was locked so the desk clerk told me to come around to the window... The window had a 6" x 6" opening to talk through and the rest was bullet proof glass so that immediately made me feel uneasy. When I asked the desk clerk if there was a fridge in our room, he said "I dont know, some of them do and some don't" so I asked if they could bring us one if the room didn't have one. He said "maybe, just call us tomorrow!". Of course, there was no fridge, no microwave, no clock!, no shampoo or conditioner, no hair dryer (there was a stand for it on the wall but no dryer in it). There was hair stuck in soap residue on the countertop, there was also hairs all over the tile in the bathroom. Once we tried to go to bed, we realize that there was no fitted sheets, there was flat sheets that wouldn't stay on the bed so if you rolled over in the middle of the night, you would wake up to yourself laying on a bare mattress!! Keep in mind, these mattresses are at least 20 yrs old!! The pillows were lumpy and flat. I wouldn't dare to walk around barefooted, the carpet looked discusting and the tile looked even worse! When I booked it, i figured that it would be kinda decent since I paid $100/night.... BUT NO!!!!!!!!!! It was the most discusting place I have ever stayed! I should have slept in my car! I'm beginning to itch now and IT BETTER NOT BE BED BUGS!!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!! you won't be able to sleep because the bed and pillows are so uncomfor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fallon T
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We knew apon booking this hotel that it wasnt going to be anything fancy,however we were not expecting the experience we had. If you are looking for a nice quiet hotel this is not it! The hotel is mainly occupied by people who live here,including some of the staff. The hallways,stairs,and pool are used as hangout places for these tenants until 2 or 3 in the morning, and then again starting at about 8am. The staff is unbelievably rude. The rooms are semi clean, you have to request your room to be clean and stocked with towels, and when you do you are then treated poorly for the remainder of your stay. As I am writing this review in my hotel room at 9:00 in the morning someone just came and banged on my door,by the time I got to the door, no one was there. This has been the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Low rated rooms. There was no coffee pot in the room and Microwave did not work. No continental breakfast, juice machine was out of order. Holiday Inn was one of my favorite hotels “was”

Room Tip: Choose a different Holiday Inn than this one
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Roderick L
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We checked in on a whim. We were on our way to Orlando and happened to stay here because no other hotel/motel had any rooms available. The room smelled gross, the carpet was coming apart, it was so dirty and my socks were black by the time we left there. The bathroom and doors were rusty and this place was awful. I have a 7 yr old and a 8 month old and I was afraid for them to catch something. The front desk clerk was never available, the cleaning crew consisted of weird, dirty and questionable people. I opted to not have them come clean our room. The pool was the only benefit. It was clean and no one was ever in it. If need be keep driving until you hit the next closest city or county.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family