“A slice of heaven on earth...”

Ichetucknee Springs State Park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with family to the springs as it was shown on a YouTube video that it was among the top five springs In Florida and it was gorgeous. An amazing experience. Definitely worth visiting if you love the outdoors. I have to go back and visit the blue hole which I was unable to visit this time

All reviews
"launch point"
in 8 reviews
"rent tubes"
in 29 reviews
"the water is crystal clear"
in 16 reviews
in 6 reviews
"lake city"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You will get use to the cold, 72.6 degree water temp but the tubing down the river was perfect. Saw many turtles sunning themselves. A few obstacles to maneuver around but worth the 2+ hour journey. Tube rental places will caution you about bringing water bottles and plastic bags of food on the river as we were told our stuff will be inspected. Didn’t see any park rangers so we got sucked in to buying these $4 reusable water bottles, boo!
My only other caution is the timing. About 3 ish, in the afternoon, storms usually brew in the distance so what do you do when you are floating down the river when there is lightning everywhere. Get on land quick.
Anyway, a cheap way to spend the day.

Mahalo!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We rented a canoe and kayak from the rental inside the park. Only complaint with that was we had brought a cooler and had to leave it in our car, no disposables allowed on the River. They were great though, helped us launch and were there when we exited the river. The River was really clear. The springs were all great. Not as crowded as Ginnie Springs, and in my opinion a prettier River.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The water and the park is beautiful. My boyfriend and I started tubing at the north launching point. We were advised by a friend to get a paddle when starting from this location. We spoke to one of the park personnel and they told us it was not necessary. But it most definitely is! The current almost seemed to be at a stand still at some portions and we both were getting a little nervous as to how secluded we actually were. There were times we would be stuck against the bank or caught up in trees that had fallen over. Several times a paddle would have been useful to dislodge yourself without getting out of the tube. Other than that the experience was overall a great time. It's seems that you are quite alone when tubing the full length, if you would like more company or don't feel comfortable being isolated definitely start at the midpoint. The spring is very nice, relaxing and an enjoyable way to spend half of a day!

2  Thank AshleyMarie30
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to go down the river with my family for so many years since I used to go when I was much younger. We started at tube rentals. The man was very helpful we actually went in on the north end and my husband moved our car to the middle area and took a tram back to where we were. While we were waiting for him I took my kids into the Swimming hole which was really blue and pretty water but freezing. The kids had fun jumping in together. My husband showed up about 30 minutes later and we got in..the first part of the trip was quite primitive. I was getting a little nervous and my son was freaking out that he saw alligators because of the sign. At one point he said “it’s green and it’s heading right for us” I flipped out of my tube a few times and got caught up on the side of the banks which was frustrating. I wish I would’ve had a better tube with a bottom and an oar...when we got to the middle point lots of people were getting in and the river seemed to widen. It became more relaxing and there were a lot more people around. We missed our stop somehow and wound up going all the way to the south end.. we were on the river for about three hours start to finish.
Getting out of the river was difficult and I flipped over we were all roped together. My son started panicking from current but we made it out safely. We had dinner in the little cafe place on site before heading home.
I would do things a little differently next time but those memories were priceless!