“DO NOT CAMP HERE”

Ichtucknee Family Canoes and Cabins
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This place is awful. They advertise they have clean restrooms. They look like they have not been touched since they were built in the 60s. There was trash on nearly every surface and it smelled like sewage. The campsites offer ZERO privacy. Kids were walking back and forth and throwing a foot ball into our site while we were setting up. The back of our sites was a make shift basket ball court. The "fire rings" are truck tire rims. When we went to the office/back woods country store to tell them we were leaving and driving the 2 1/2 hours back home due to the lousy conditions we were offered credit to stay later in the season. There is no way will come back. Stay far away from this place!

2  Thank Shilzad
"launch"
"turtles"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I decided I wanted to go visit the ichetucknee springs for my bday for a little kayaking/tubing. I found this camping spot online and decided to give it a shot. Like anyone else, we were nervous about the place and how clean it would be. It was super! The staff was nice, laid back and very helpful. The bathrooms and showers were clean and very well maintained. We rented kayaks from them which was great bc they do everything for you and are located right by the north entrance. We asked the guy to pick us up at the end of the ride at a specific time and there he was on the dot. Overall my bday weekend was awesome and would definitely come back to camp at this spot. Btw we camped at the water and electric area. Thanks Ichetucknee Family Canoes and Cabins for a great bday weekend!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am a big fan of Disney but sometimes you just need to get a way. I originally was going to stay at a state park for my river adventure. I changed because the Olena State Park didn't allow campfires. I am glad I did. The cabins are simple and basic. You bring your own bedding, but there is electricity to charge telephones. There is a bathroom, complete with showers nearby. There is a grill, picnic table and campfire ring. My kids enjoyed roasting hotdogs and s'mores.

The area is close to the North Entrance of the Ichetucknee River and it was an easy hike to see some springs. There is a wide range of water trips offered and all sorts of tubes for tubing. The owners are simply great people. I particularly appreciated how kind they were to my older daughter who has autism. She was all smiles, particulary on the river. My younger daughter really enjoyed making a campfire and cooking outdoors.

We went kayaking one day on the river and tubing the next. On both trips, we saw manatees in the water. On one we saw a river otter. We had a very relaxing two night visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Uncomplicated simple lodging. Very basic but what it lacks in comforts makes up for in location and secluded relaxed atmosphere. Only complaint was cabin smelt slightly musky.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great place to stay and destress. We stayed in their cabin that sleeps 4, include two full-sized beds which sleep four, a table with chairs, two rocking chairs, a lamp, and A/C in the summer or space heaters in the winter. There is a swing on the porch, a fire ring, a charcoal grill and a picnic table outside. There are no kitchen or bathroom facilities in the cabin, but our bathouse is centrally located and just a minute or two walk from any of the cabins.

Owens were very friendly and helpful. The only down side is you have to drive 15+ miles to the nearest store or restaurant and had to live with poor cell phone reception. All in All was what we needed.