“Great Stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Chelmsford, England
“Great Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We used this hotel as a stopover on the way from Orlando to Pensacola Beach and also on the return journey. After a nine hour flight from England and a two hour drive from Orlando we were pleased to arrive at the Sleep Inn & Suites. The hotel was just off the I-75 and very easy to find.

The hotel is clean and modern and the staff were friendly and helpful. We also found that although a large group of schoolchildren arrived just before us it was very quiet during the night. The free breakfast was also good/constantly replenished and set us up for the next leg of our journey!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy_Tracy_Tracy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We (me, my sister and mother) traveled to Gainesville from Southeast Georgia, as my sister had a doctor's appt. I suggested The Sleep Inn & Suites, as I had stayed at several other locations in the past. Mark, the desk clerk, was so, so nice. I asked to see a room first and he was very accommodating. On the way to view the room, I explained to him that my mother had dementia. When my sister and mother came inside, Mark touched her on the shoulder and said 'hi mom'. He was so personable and made sure we had everything we needed for the night. He told us if we should need any additional items, to give him a call and he would bring it to us. The next morning I went down for breakfast, which was delicious. So much to choose from. It was not your run of the mill continential b'fast. The attendant was also very nice and helpful. The room was clean and roomy and the bathroom was too. When we checked out, the front desk clerk greeted us and asked if we had enjoyed our stay. I cannot think of anything negative to say about our visit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lou C
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We only stayed one night at the hotel visiting our daughter who attends UF and is a freshman so I will have several opportunities to stay in Gainesville. I have already stayed in 3 other hotels for preview and different things and Bruce has won me over. I will not stay at another hotel when I am in Gainesville. They were great, hospitality overload. Clean clean clean...great breakfast. I could go on and on, and like I said we only stayed overnight.

2 Thank Judy S
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here for the Bama-Florida game and we could not have picked a better place! The hospitality was off the charts! Bruce and his staff have got it figured out as to what it takes to make you feel special. Rooms were clean, houskeeping was top notch and friendly, and Bruce went out of his way to make sure we had anything we need. He even shuttled us to and from the game! It was the perfect place!!

Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Me and my family have stayed and many Sleep Inns before, especially when we go to little towns. But this Sleep Inn was a few steps up from what we are used too. As soon as we walked in we were shocked to see such a grand lobby. The place was very clean and smelled great. The front desk clerk was amazingly helpful, she gave us great directions to the Campus and told us about many local eateries that we should try. The next morning, the breakfast was good but the staff is what made it great. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Gainesville, FL.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Very clean and super friendly staff! Great experience! Will be back again and again for UF events!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed here twice this year(only for one night each time) and will stay here next time we are in Gainesville. The rooms are nice and very clean. The staff is wonderful , very friendly and helpful. The rooms have a small fridge, microwave , coffee maker with plenty of coffee. We love that the hotel is smoke-free, everything smells so nice and fresh.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business