Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
US$217
Quality Inn(Gainesville)
US$134
QualityInn
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$89
Orbitz.com
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
US$356
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookieswafflesfree popcornfront deskbreakfast roomhot breakfastbeds were comfortablebiscuits and gravydefinitely stay here againnext morningshands hospitalbusiness centerfresh fruitone night staycomfortable stayupon checkcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've always been wary of hotels that use silly names like Bide-a-wee so I hesitated about staying at the Sleep Inn, but the Trip Advisor reviews were great so I took a chance. Good news, the reviews are right – the hotel with the silly name is fantastic.

Well lit, friendly lobby with free popcorn and cookies; pool and exercise machines that work, super clean throughout and a smiling front desk clerk who handed me a letter from the manager that included his phone # and a request to call him 24/7 if there is anything I'm not happy with. This is beyond Hilton quality and I haven't even reached the room yet.

The room is spacious, very tastefully decorated and laid out perfectly for business with a no-nonsense work desk, fridge an microwave, and a decent sofa and coffee table. Excellent bed and pillows, and full shower stall (no tub) in a big bathroom round out the picture. The only thing they must change is the TV channel package. In a hotel of this quality, they have the basic extended package in SD with no HBO or SHO. Great TV with crummy picture quality.

But breakfast was good and the price was a huge bargain because I was able to book and pay in advance (you can't change the rez with this option) so all in all, 4.75 stars out of 5. This hotel felt more like a clubhouse than a mid-priced, road side inn.

Sleep Inn – sleep well!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful during our football weekend stay. Free popcorn in the afternoon, free cookies in the evening, free full hot breakfast, and an unexpected treat was the free gameday bbq ...ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, cole slaw, baked beans, drinks, and cake. The free shuttle to the stadium was great! The suite was spacious and clean. As alumni of the opposing team, we were pleasantly surprised at the hospitality extended to us. Location is especially convenient to I-75.

Tennessee fans

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carie501
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have stayed there many times over the last 4 years. I sometimes teach at the dental School at University of Florida and also go to almost every home football game. Well, Mr. Bruce Cribbs, general manager, takes such good care of me and the other alumni who have also decided to only stay at Sleep Inn. As an example of the incredible personal service they offer, this past weekend, I had forgotten my ticket. My wife Fed Exed the ticket and it was to arrive around 11:30 Well as I was telling the manager about our tail gate party that I was going to have to miss, waiting for the package to be delivered, Bruce Cribbs said, no problem, go to your tail gate party, and he would personally deliver the ticket to me. I have told everyone about that true story, and it is just one example of how he runs the hotel with outstanding, consistent personal attention. The place still looks brand new, the free breakfast is fantastic, and even the bathrooms have hot full pressure showers. I can recommend this particular hotel with out any reservation and be sure to complement the hotel staff on their superb attitude and incredible personal service. On football weekends, don't miss the free tailgate party that Mr. Cribbs offers all of his guests. He runs the place just like the finest of 1st class/world class hotels.

Room Tip: Try the Jacuzzi special room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Irwin B
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

This is a great location for the right price. The rooms are clean and include a small refridgerator and microwave. Continental breakfast and free wifi was included in the price. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank CrissyBelle
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Business center is good, small exercise room is good. Popcorn and Cookies are good. You have the manager's cell phone 24/7. A great experience. I would definetly stay here again. I was able to personally speak to the manager and inform him of the great customer service that I received.

Room Tip: Every room is good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family