“Amazing Customer Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Lake Worth
“Amazing Customer Service”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and I just recently stayed at the Reitz Union and I cant tell you how impressed I was. To be honest, this is my first hotel review but because I came away with such a great impression I needed to share this. It began with just amazing customer service which was led by the student staff. It is located in the student union building and is so convenient to everything in walking distance, we just loved the location. I could not have imagined it would have been so nice as it was clean, everyone was so helpful, and just overall we had an exceptional stay from check in to check out!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My son and I had booked a deluxe room with 2 queen beds for a UF event. When we checked in I noticed the paperwork said 2 double beds. When I questioned the desk clerk he said that no we had the 2 double room. The rate was the same as the rate I had on reservation for the 2 queen rooms. The double room should have been cheaper according to the website. I was merely going to complain to a manager about this but when I got back from parking the car in the garage next door, my son met me at the door of the room and told me the room had bugs in it. Sure enough there was little flea size ( but not fleas) dark non flying bugs on the curtains and also much smaller light colored bugs. They seemed to be only on the curtains. I am really not sure what they were ( nothing I recognized from living in buggy Florida for 45 years) but my son was so freaked out they might be bed bugs that we just checked back out and went home. We have yet to get any follow up from motel so I suppose they were unconcerned. If this ever happens again I will snap some photos.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gatorRPH1990
, Manager at Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
On behalf the University of Florida and myself, we are sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. As part of the university system, we are inspected and serviced by the University of Florida pest control on a regular basis and reported your sighting that day. We placed the room out of order until a full inspection took place until the room was cleared to be placed back in service.
The room rate that was listed on your reservation and confirmation was $99, our UF rate for a standard room with two double beds. The rate and room type you were assigned matched our records of what was reserved. I am sorry for the misunderstanding of our rates and room types and have reviewed our reservation format for areas that may need improvement.
We hope to be given another chance in the future to exceed your expectations and Go Gators!

Christopher C. Kehn, CHA
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My family and I stayed at the Reitz Union this past December and it was such a great experience. Our room was clean and quite and the front desk staff went out of their way to assist us by putting an extra roll away bed in the room. The continental breakfast had a great selection and it was so convenient to walk right over to my graduation. If you want to get the best view of the University of Florida, stay at the Reitz Union Hotel!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda C
San Francisco
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We had trouble finding this hotel, but once here we appreciated being right on campus for our son's tour of the university. Pros: comfortable beds, pretty views, nice staff. Cons: the water pressure and heat left something to be desired. We arrived late on January 3 and ended up getting a pizza delivered to the hotel for dinner -- but I'm sure that during the school year the eateries and little grocery in this building and the adjacent building might offer late-night dining options if you don't want to drive downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the stadium -- Go Gators!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Go Gators! Husband and I graduated in '79 - have stayed here in the middle of campus in the best built sturdy construction campus motel. The room is almost sound proof, the continental breakfast is just steps away near the elevators in the morning, and it is always clean and inviting. It is near the heart of campus, so it is great for newbies...Our second daughter is graduating in May, 2012 and we have already booked the room, CANNOT WAIT - too bad there are only 35 rooms! If you need any information, just be sure to ask at the front desk that students are extremely friendly and informative. Walk to most campus functions from here!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Rooms are average, but the convienence of the location is superior. We stayed for preview weekend. Definately plan to stay again next time we stay overnight while our son attends UF. Felt safe. Clean room. Friendly staff. Surprisingly good selection of breakfast foods available, right down the hall from room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Wonderful stay....great rooms...wonderful views of campus from some rooms. Personnel were wonderful. It is the perfect place to stay during Preview...you can walk to all the activities on campus. Continental breakfast was great. I highly recommend this property for any UF activities...the best. Especially liked central air conditioning quality.

Room Tip: ask for a view of campus
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family