“UF should be proud!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
New York City, New York
“UF should be proud!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have stayed at the Reitz Union for the past few years 8-10 times to visit my daughter who tranferred to UF her JR year. I have not wrote a review because it is tough to get a room as is (lol)
As a hospitality executive I will say the hotel is well managed and staffed with helpful, fun, hospitlity students who take great pride in the job they do. The hotel manager is a well established CHA and is never far from the desk and seems to enjoy the teaching aspect of hospitlity to the students.
In my ten or so stays, my room has always been clean and well maintained. The breakfast is always on time and very consistant....the coffee is good and always fresh!
The views are great and the rooms compare to a nice Holiday Inn or Courtyard but for a on-campus hotel (location, location, location) the rates are a steal....$99.00 includes parking and breakfast and the chance to experience the university first hand. I assume that all revenue produced from the hotel is put back into the operating budget for the student union which benifits the students and helps off set some of the expenses of the Reitz Union by the university....another good reason for gators to support the hotel!
Go Gators and good job UF!

Room Tip: 515, 615 are standard rooms with best views!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I had been wanting to try the Union hotel for years since graduating UF. I was pleasantly surprised that it was nicely decorated, comfortable, and offered a great view of the north side of the campus. The room was somewhat spartan for the price paid since it included a king bed, refrigerator, desk, and television console. It would be nice to have a small table in the room since there was enough room. We dragged the outside table into the room. One thing missing was a microwave oven. The decor included old photos of campus buildings and an Orange & Blue motif, as expected. The morning pastry/cereal/juice service was nicely set-up. The route from the parking area to the room was circuitous at best, especially in the rain. When the bookstore is closed, there is no elevator to the first level from the parking area, so I recommend removing luggage from the 15-minute waiting area on the west side of the building. There was food and other trash under the bed when we looked for the wayward remote. The beds were very comfortable, however. I would definitely stay again if the price was lower.

Room Tip: Unload your luggage before going to the parking area.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Danbury
Reviewed 20 April 2012

What a great location! I found the staff to be very personable, professional and above all had the answers to all the questions that I asked.
I am also very picky about the conditions of where I sleep and also found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable! All amenities and again the location was perfect.

Right on Campus!

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. “GREAT EXPERIENCE”!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Perfect location for a Pre UF experience from check in to check out. My sons and I were greeted very politely upon check in and I was able switch my room from a double to a king size bed. My sons had a oversized room with two doubles. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. The hotel is located in the middle of campus where you can experience the change of classes, union activities, and campus restaurants are in the building or a short walk away. At check out we were greeted with a smile again. The manager asked if we enjoyed our stay and gave us some campus pointers to do before leaving town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy T
Lake Worth
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and I just recently stayed at the Reitz Union and I cant tell you how impressed I was. To be honest, this is my first hotel review but because I came away with such a great impression I needed to share this. It began with just amazing customer service which was led by the student staff. It is located in the student union building and is so convenient to everything in walking distance, we just loved the location. I could not have imagined it would have been so nice as it was clean, everyone was so helpful, and just overall we had an exceptional stay from check in to check out!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn S
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My son and I had booked a deluxe room with 2 queen beds for a UF event. When we checked in I noticed the paperwork said 2 double beds. When I questioned the desk clerk he said that no we had the 2 double room. The rate was the same as the rate I had on reservation for the 2 queen rooms. The double room should have been cheaper according to the website. I was merely going to complain to a manager about this but when I got back from parking the car in the garage next door, my son met me at the door of the room and told me the room had bugs in it. Sure enough there was little flea size ( but not fleas) dark non flying bugs on the curtains and also much smaller light colored bugs. They seemed to be only on the curtains. I am really not sure what they were ( nothing I recognized from living in buggy Florida for 45 years) but my son was so freaked out they might be bed bugs that we just checked back out and went home. We have yet to get any follow up from motel so I suppose they were unconcerned. If this ever happens again I will snap some photos.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gatorRPH1990
, Manager at Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
On behalf the University of Florida and myself, we are sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. As part of the university system, we are inspected and serviced by the University of Florida pest control on a regular basis and reported your sighting that day. We placed the room out of order until a full inspection took place until the room was cleared to be placed back in service.
The room rate that was listed on your reservation and confirmation was $99, our UF rate for a standard room with two double beds. The rate and room type you were assigned matched our records of what was reserved. I am sorry for the misunderstanding of our rates and room types and have reviewed our reservation format for areas that may need improvement.
We hope to be given another chance in the future to exceed your expectations and Go Gators!

Christopher C. Kehn, CHA
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My family and I stayed at the Reitz Union this past December and it was such a great experience. Our room was clean and quite and the front desk staff went out of their way to assist us by putting an extra roll away bed in the room. The continental breakfast had a great selection and it was so convenient to walk right over to my graduation. If you want to get the best view of the University of Florida, stay at the Reitz Union Hotel!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family