“Another great stay at the Magnolia Plantation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
The Magnolia Plantation Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Daytona Beach
“Another great stay at the Magnolia Plantation”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed at the Mgnolia Plantation B&B in Gainesville, Florida as a base for 2 days of bike riding in the Gainesville/Ocala area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Magnolia B&B again -- the staff remembered us from our prior stay about 2 years ago. Wow! The Gardenia room with the sitting alcove is a nice room with a working fireplace. Very romantic! Love the hand-ironed sheets on the bed. We are looking forward to a return visit sometime soon.

Room Tip: Cottages are pet-friendly, so if you have dog or cat allergies - you might want to consider staying...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daybreak1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Very clean, down to earth atmosphere. Very nice owner/operators. Great stay, and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The Azalea is the cheapest of the rooms in the house, but is very intimate, and great for a couple...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos M
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stay at the Magnolia Inn every chance we get when we head to Gainseville for the Florida Gator games. The Inn is conveniently located walking distance to downtown where all the pre- and post-game action takes place. The Inn itself has been painstakingly restored and the grounds are simply beautiful. Joe and Cindy are hard-working and fun-loving innkeepers and have established a great group of neat people that return each football season. We have stayed in the cottages, the Carriage House (our favorite!) and the main house. All venues offer a truly unique experience and privacy has never been an issue. Breakfast is always a surprise and the comraderie that occurs there just makes you happy to start your day. Abby, their 1-year-old collie, will happily stand in for love and affection when you are away from your own pet. Now, we just need to experience the Magnolia during the other times of the year!

Room Tip: The cottages are ideal for traveling with friends and the single rooms in the main house offer priva...
1 Thank stephinbonita
Central FL
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very nice owners who go out of their way to make your visit the best that it can be. One bonus is that Cindy is a great breakfast cook. We stayed in the Carriage House which was super classy with everything you could need and access to your own super large, private 2nd floor "L" shaped balcony with loads of seating. Since it was chilly while we visited, the 2 gas fireplaces were well appreciated. We both liked the deep jetted tub and the bonus of the kitchenette. Our queen bed was comfortable. The Carriage House is right behind the main house so very easy access to both. Being a woman who likes cleanliness, I was very impressed with how clean the interiors were. I don't know how they and their staff can keep it to that level. We arrived after the Thanksgiving holiday rush so were able to view alot of rooms and one cottage while we were there. All were very nice.

Room Tip: The Carriage House was a great selection for us if you don't mind climbing some stairs to 2nd le...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweetgrits1950
Tampa
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We have stayed at Magnolia Plantation several times over the years. There are many different options on rooms from a single room up to a cottage that can accomodate several people. The Inn Keepers, Joe and Cindy always make you feel like you are a part of the family. The rest of the staff is courteous and always willing to do what it takes to make sure you have a pleasant visit. I would highly recommend this place for any event that takes you to Gainesville.

Boston
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have stayed at Magnolia Plantation several times over the years with friends and family and have always felt as though I were entering an enchanted space. The rooms and cottages are tastefully decorated, clean and offer amenities for anything you may need. The beds are soft, fluffy and cozy. The garden is serene and feels like a primeval forest with a friendly animal or two strolling up to say hello. The inn keepers, Joe and Cindy, embrace you with their warmth from the moment you arrive- you sigh and smile and think, "this place is just as I remembered it."
My last trip during the Gainesville Arts Festival with my best friend was my favorite. We ate breakfast with Joe and Cindy's parents who were charming and lovely. They had us in stitches with family stories and I soon felt as though I were a part of the Montalto family . I am a little sad when I leave this special place (I would stay forever if I could) so I eagerly look forward to the next trip to Magnolia Plantation.
p.s. Love, love, love the breakfast!

Room Tip: Cinnamon cottage is great if you are going with a friend and need 2 separate bedrooms with their own...
1 Thank gatorvet2
Sarasota
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was my 4th stay at the Magnolia Plantation, the first with my wife when they first opened back in 1991. The beautiful property is shaded with large trees and has lighted walkways leading by trickling fountains to various cottages and a large water
feature with waterfalls, that you can view from rockers on the back porch. Aside from lovely accommodations, ( I stayed in the Magnolia Room) Innkeepers Joe and Cindy were their usual warm and courteous selfs, )suggesting the La Chua trail for hiking which I did one afternoon after calling Joe for directions. What wonderful folks, they always make me feel like I'm their best friend. Don't stay anywhere else if you are traveling to Gainesville.

Room Tip: Relax with a good book on the back porch rockers.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business