“Best Place and Deal In Gainesville Dog Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
The Magnolia Plantation Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Pickens, South Carolina
“Best Place and Deal In Gainesville Dog Friendly”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cindy and Joe are great hosts making all feel welcome. The cottages are wonderfully appointed and each one has it own charm. Having stayed in most of them I love trying a different cabin each time. Buster my dog loves his friend Abby the collie who shares her toys! Staying in the house is also quite grand! But the dogs are limited in the house. There really is no other place for me and Buster when I stay in Gainesville.

Room Tip: With one of the cottages you feel like you have rented a home with a beautiful and fun landscape, co...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I were moving to Gainesville from Texas and chose the Magnolia Plantation for a one night stay after the long drive. Cindy was very accomodating and made sure we had the comforts of a B&B een though our stay was short.

The cottages are beautiful, spacious, and comfortable, and was perfect after driving a huge moving truck for 2 days. We had to leave before the official breakfast, so Cindy provided the food the night before with cooking instructions, and we were able to enjoy a nice, home cooked breakfast from the comfort of our cottage before we left.

They are pet friendly, and well worth the price. We will make a point to revisit this B&B when we have more time to rest and relax.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank theLEDHEAD
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've been coming to Gainesville for over 10 years because both our daughters graduated from UF. Wish we would have found this place sooner but now this will become are go to place in the future. Came across Magnolia Plantation while searching for a place to stay with our dog. The nice thing about this property is it has several different types of accommodations. We stayed two nights in Beth's Courtyard Cottage and it was very relaxing. The neighborhood felt very safe with sidewalks to walk our dog.

Room Tip: "Plenty of different type of room accommodations and services available."
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First time at U F for freshman orientation they keep us there until 7pm when i finally showed up Cindy was there to let me in show me around and direct me to the wine to unwind from the day a nice touch The Inn was very comfortable clean a lovely spot wonderful breakfast Booked two other weekends can't wait for family weekend

• Stayed June 2014
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Magnolia Plantation B&B has been our go-to location for everything from our oldest son's first night of marriage to an annual women's conference. Cindy is amazing to work with, Joe is always ready to help and the staff is friendly and efficient. The grounds are so amazing that I sometimes visit just to spend a few minutes relaxing on the back porch watching the water. It is the only place I recommend when friends and relatives are visiting Gainesville.

Room Tip: The Carriage House with the wonderful tub, spacious room and enticing porch is my favorite room by f...
Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AuntiStefi
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I found this gem through Groupon when we first got married, we stayed there a few days for our honey moon. We decided to go back for our 1 year anniversary and have decided to try and go back for every anniversary because we love it so much. If you want a place to hide away from the world for a few days, this is it. However, Gainesville has a few gems of its own and for our 1 year we spent a lot more time outdoors at some of the beautiful natural attractions in the area. The owners were so warm and welcoming and they really made us feel at home (not to mention the amazing complimentary breakfast they serve!). We stayed in the Carriage House which felt like a magical cottage, all cheesiness aside it really was magical. From an amazing comfortable bed to a waterfall Jacuzzi/shower, a fireplace, candles, warm bath robes, the room provided everything we could have wanted for our escape. Even the upstairs deck had a twin size porch swing bed! If you want to escape from the world after an exhausting wedding week, you could not pick a better place. After a few days there we were relaxed and ready to move on to do Disney and other things, but probably would have been exhausted and miserable if we had not first stayed at this enchanted gem.

Room Tip: The Carriage House is THE place to go if you're on your honeymoon or anniversary. It's a bui...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Magnolia Plantation approximately ten times. Joe and Cindy have made us feel like family on each visit. Our dog, Kona, has been welcomed with open arms and treated like a queen. Each of the cottages/rooms has its own style and all of them are spacious and tastefully decorated. The real charm is in the family feel of the place. The breakfast and happy hour are amazing, and it is centrally located. Whether you have a dog or not, this is the best place to stay in Gainesville.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or scheduled activities, and we like it that way!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
cindymagnolia, Owner at The Magnolia Plantation Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
As I read the reviews...and I read them all, I always try to figure out who wrote the review. With yours it was quite easy. As soon as you mentioned Kona's name. What does that say about me? I know my guest by their dogs!! Thank you for the review. It's always great to have you stay with us.