Sweetwater Branch Inn
US$309
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$217
Quality Inn(Gainesville)
US$134
QualityInn
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$89
Travelocity
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
US$356
TripAdvisor
All reviewswine and cheeseb bthe cottageshoneymoon cottagesweet teahomemade granolakoi pondvictoria cottagebed and breakfastvictorian stylefront porchreception hallrose roomfully equipped kitchensouthern charmeach morningking size bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Gorgeous grounds and a perfect location - we were only a few minutes walk away from the Downtown area. We'd never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before and were afraid it might be a bit stuffy, but the room was lovely and the staff was very kind. Stayed in the Camelot room and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The only complaint I have is that that particular room is right behind the kitchen, so we did hear the staff getting ready in the morning around 7 a.m. making breakfast. However, I really can't count this as a negative because it was a great alarm clock that made sure that we didn't miss what was easily one of the best breakfasts that I've ever had. I highly recommend this place, it's so much nicer than staying at a hotel off of Archer Road!

Reviewed 19 March 2011

We Had a Beautiful Brunch Wedding For my daughter and stayed the night Before! Great breakfast ! Great rooms and a great staff ! Very friendly and very honest! While getting ready for the wedding my husband had laid his dimond ring on the bed and forgot it , We had checked out of the room before the wedding...Durring the wedding housekeeping found the ring and brought it to him at the reception!!! A WOW Experience!!!..... I am looking forward to our next visit there very SOON!!!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2011

We had a fabulous time at the Sweetwater Branch Inn. Everyone we met was very kind and helpful and they made our stay really memorable. The houses, gardens, and rooms are gorgeous. We stayed in the McKenzie House and loved sitting on the beautiful porch and the common room in the turret. We had some absolutely beautiful stained glass in our room and an extremely comfortable bed. I loved that it seemed like even the smallest details had been given a lot of thought. It managed to be cozy and elegant at the same time. The breakfast was delicious and incredibly plentiful! My husband loved the french toast casserole, cheesy grit fritters, and frittata. They very graciously accommodated my request for a vegan breakfast with some of the best granola and pancakes that I've ever had. The Inn is in easy walking distance of Main Street and some lovely neighborhoods. Gainesville was full of fun surprises and the highlight of our trip was staying at the Sweetwater Branch Inn!

Reviewed 23 February 2011

This is a super place to stay! It's a beautiful collection of multi-room Victorian houses and cottages. We came for a wedding that took place right at the inn, so about 20 of us got to enjoy the atmosphere and the great breakfasts. Now, this is an old place, so the floors creek a bit and we did hear of minor issues with A/C and plumbing, but nothing serious. Only other comment is that we stayed in the room right next to the kitchen, so mornings after about 7:30 can be noisy (It was also the least expensive room). So, one might consider that when choosing which room to book. . Most of the other rooms have sitting areas and there are several places to socialize, in and outside of the buildings. Very friendly and helpful staff. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I am so glad that I chose the Sweetwater Branch Inn for my recent stay. I stayed 4 nights and was so comfortable. My room (Isadora's Room) was on the 3rd floor of the McKenzie house and was very quite - there is only one other room on that floor. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the food was plentiful. The only problem that I had was getting my luggage to the 3rd floor - there is no elevator.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business