I stayed at Sweetwater for six months on an extended business contract. I wasn't interested in the standard executive stay hotel, so I decided to think outside the box. I'm extremely well-traveled and don't put up with poor service or uncleanliness, so I was skeptical of finding a really great place to stay in Gainesville.
The Sweetwater management truly loves this property and wants you to love it like they do. Cornelia, Elyce, Christina, and the rest cared for me like family. You're not getting a full-service hotel - no gym, no room service, no desk staff after hours - so you can't go in expecting that. What they do, they are clear about, and they do it beautifully.
* Charming rooms
* Great food - I gained 10 pounds in six months (not a pro)
* Nightly wine and cheese - even when I was the only one staying in the inn, maybe on a Wednesday night, I was catered to like it was a full house
* Near to downtown and easy access to UF campus
* Neighborhoods is just a tiny bit sketchy - it's fine to walk downtown at night during summer months when it stays light out longer, but singles may want to drive downtown after dark - and I'm a New Yorker
* No fitness facility, but Alter Ego Gym is a five-minute jog away and has day passes and monthly memberships
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweetwater Branch Inn features 20 spacious guest suites and cottages just blocks from the University of Florida and hip Downtown Gainesville. All of our guests are welcome to a delicious full breakfast spread in the morning, as well as a complimentary wine and cheese hour in the evening. Each of our rooms feature a private bath along with a king or queen size bed, while some rooms have additional beds, Jacuzzis, fireplaces, and extra sitting rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Sweetwater Branch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetwater Branch Hotel Gainesville
- Sweetwater Branch Inn Gainesville, Florida