“top quality rooms, food and service in a truly beautiful setting”

Sweetwater Branch Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2010

this wonderful bed and breakfast has lovely buildings and grounds with the convenience of central gainesville but the feel of the best of the old south. truly marvelous food (and coffee!) with the best staff one can imagine. i have been there several times over ten years and have never been less than extremely satisfied. saw it recently through the eyes of my partner's granddaughter who exclaimed, with eyes like saucers (from the driveway!): "we're staying here?" like it was cinderella's digs after the glass slipper fit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sweetwater Branch Inn

Reviewed 7 May 2010

Stayed here for graduation weekend. Wonderful staff, beautiful facilities, quick walk to great restaurants. Delicious breakfast. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2010

My sister and I just spent two nights at the Sweetwater Branch Inn. We were just delighted with our stay! We had the Piccadilly Room, which has a queen bed and a separate sofa bed with an air mattress. Both were very comfortable with nice linens. With the sofa bed open, there was not a lot of space left, but with it closed there was a lovely sitting room. There were numerous public spaces in and around the house, so we felt like we had a huge amount of room. The gardens are gorgeous. The breakfast was awesome. Our first morning, we had to leave early for a UF graduation, before the scheduled breakfast, but they worked to accommodate us. The second day, we leisurely enjoyed the full breakfast buffet. The beds, contrary to other reviews, were wonderfully comfortable. The room was quiet overnight. A white noise machine was avbl, should you want it. The inn was very clean. The staff were all very friendly, cheerful and helpful, including back when we were reserving our room. We started this stay all tense and tired, and but left fully relaxed.
U Florida is a short drive or long walk away. We saw lots of restaurants just up the street, but we did not have time to visit any. You can find plenty to eat nearby, I'm sure.
We do not have much experience with B&B's, but this was certainly a wonderful place to stay. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie_LehighValley
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Staying at the Sweetwater Branch Inn was a last-minute decision and a great one. I was planning a one-night stay in Gainesville and decided to arrive a night early. My hotel was booked so I found this place online. I wish I could have stayed both nights here. Located downtown, the Inn was quite charming on a beautiful piece of property with a koi pond. I was travelling with my young daughter, so the Cornelia room was perfect with a queen bed for me a twin sleigh bed for her. Breakfast was fabulous--homemade frittattas, a wonderful french toast (for which I got the recipe), fruit, yogurt etc. the innkeeper was warm and gracious. We loved our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I have stayed at the Sweetwater twice. Both times the staff was courteous and allowed us a late check out. The breakfast was excellent-french toast, sausage, quiche, fresh fruit, etc. My one qualm about this hotel is that I didn't get much sleep because of all of the creaking (that is what you get when you stay at in a refurbished 19th century home I guess) and the rather uncomfortable bed. Overall, it was an enjoyable trip however and I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Couldn't ask for much more. Reasonable price, food great, wine/cheese in the evening gives opportunity to mix with others. Then just go and relax on the porch or take a short stroll up the street to Leonardos 706 for dinner and some jazz. The staff was very helpful, courteous and inspiring. "It's a great day!" Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Our stay at the Sweetwater Branch Inn was delightful. The Inn is beautifully decorated and very cozy and comfortable. The rooms well appointed and beds and linens very good. The wine and appetizer in the evening was very delicious. Breakfast was fantastic. The innkeeper is a wonderful chef and the ultimate hostess. The inn is intown so we could walk to dinner. We would happily stay there and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple