“Worst Hotel Ever, dont rent here.”

Knights Inn Gainesville
Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Miami, Florida
“Worst Hotel Ever, dont rent here.”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The hotel was built around the 1930's or so it seems, and it has never been touched since then The wallpaper is coming off the walls and they use nails to keep it in place. Leek on the roof from the 2nd floor that looked like a waterfall, while we were staying there. Room smells nasty, towels dirty, cockroaches in the room. nasty, nasty, nasty. I rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cary r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times when im in Gainesville and the hotel has REALLY GONE DOWN THE DRAIN.The Staff look a little sketchy when checking in at night,and the guest at the motel some are not as savory.The room that in stayed in last was dated worn carpet,the room had a tv that was 26inches and it smelled damp. I stayed that night and slept on my own sheets.That will be my last stay there,The Motel need a complete renovation.This motel is in a great location with food and shopping footsteps from the motel but i would advice you keep going, pictures of the motel is deceving.Keep Going

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank flacowgirl30

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Reviewed 9 January 2013

The place was filthy! There was, what appeared to be, a prostitue standing out front and that is just the beginning. I wanted to cry when I saw the room and it was at night. I hate to think what it would have looked like during daytime hours. We immediately checked out! Go to Value Place if you need extended stay for any reason. It is clean and actually less money. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed for the Florida football games twice in 2012 because there was no other place:
1) the place is totally run down and don't be surprised if the place is shut down while you are there.
2) Staff is nice but that does not make up for the condition of hotel.
3) Sheets towels bedding bring your own or sleep on stained laundry!! who knows if the bedspread has ever been cleaned.
4) Well the place was cheap, but tub had mold, carpets soiled bad. i've stayed in hunting shacks in the woods cleaner!
5) So at that price on a Friday and Saturday night guess what happens?All the low lifes stay here too!!
We had young adults running on the roof of our building!
Parties in the parking lot and some very questionable activity in the area!
No place for your family to be.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The people were friendly but the motel itself is very outdated and the furniture inside the motels needs to be thrown away! The whole place needs to be gutted to tell u the truth. Furniture looks like it been there since the motel was built in the later 70's early 80's. I got bitten by bed bugs. I let the lady know what happen she gone tell me maybe it was something in my house tht bit me. And tht she got everything checked out tht week! And she didn't have any complaints. I went online to see if the bumps I had was from bedbugs and it was! Bed bugs come in 3 or more clusters in a row and be red. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay there! If u do. Bring a air mattress your own pillows and towels and lysol!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank phillips23
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had the bad, bad very BAD luck that it was the "Homecoming weekend" at UFL, and everything was overbooked. We were not the least interested in the event, but our trip back home was starting from Gainesville. We paid a lot for a night stay, "breakfast included" and the breakfast, let me tell you. Rooms are quite shabby. I would have NEVER stayed at that hotel if wouldn't have been for overbook hotels in Gainesville and surroundings!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family