“Trigger to asthma and sick”

Knights Inn Gainesville
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Buildings and their furniture looks very old. Although they try to keep the room clean, it has a smell like mud and dust. The manager told that the smell was from cleaning agent, but I doubt it. Less than 1 hour after checked in, asthma attack started. My partner was very sick and stayed outside under 100 F! We checked out within two hours, but they charged 1 stay. As soon as moved to a different motel, the asthma has gone and my partner got well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hitGLaredo

Reviewed 9 February 2010

The room was shabby, to put it mildly. And every horizontal surface had cigarette burns, although there was a No Smoking sign on the door. When we complained, we were told we had been given a smoking room by mistake. We didn't want to try another room, we just left as soon as we could!

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Next_visitor
Reviewed 12 November 2009

DO NOT STAY AT THE KNIGHTS INN ON 13th STREET IN GAINESVILLE. The locals ALL gave us a look of horror when we told them where we were staying. I found out it is a place that probably charges by the hour!! The locals said it was a hooker joint. It is NOT a clean place, nor maintained properly. holes in the wall, doors misaligned, electrical outlets hanging out, and please don't get me started on the bathrooms. The cleaning lady smelled so bad, her body odor permeated the room!! We stayed one night because everything else was booked but split the next day. They charged me an outrageous amount and at the time I was not going to argue with them. I had small children with me and wanted to get them out of there. Some "family" motel!!! DO NOT STAY THERE. VERY UNSAFE.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Maws52
Reviewed 14 April 2008

I was there recently for the Orange and Blue game. It was late when we arrived and we checked in because apparently every decent hotel was booked. Upon entering a non-smoking room, smoke overcame you, the sink was stopped up and the shower did not work. Called thr front desk to get another room, gave me a hard time about the maintenance issues that we were having. The front desk clerk sent the maintenance man to the room, who was smoking upon his arrival. I went to get a replacement room and it was 100 times worse!!!!!!! I was unable to get my money back. The No Refund policy is right behind the desk with about 15 pieces of paper covering it. Please sleep in your car if you have to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2008

My family and I and and a friends' family stay here annually when we travel to Gainesville for a football game in the fall. The only reason we stay here is because of the rates (about 50% of other rooms for a football game weekend). Anyonje thinking of staying at this hotel shold be aware that the rooms are generally dirty (particularly the bathrooms) and often have a few bugs. It is obvious that regular maintenance to the rooms is minimal. Also, my hunch is that "working women" ply their trade at this hotel at times other than football game weekends. Staff at the hotel are generally below average in terms of service and brains.

On the plus side, there is a large courtayrd area in the middle of the grounds that has a playground that the kids do enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank johnp69
Reviewed 14 November 2007

Another run-down dump, the victim of "no-maintenance" minded owners from another country.

The only thing this place has going for it is a location fairly close to campus.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2007

My family and I purchase a 2 two night saty at this hotel in july '06 for our family reunion. The first night we were there the toilet over flowed and after speaking w management all they would say is that there is nothing they could do because the hotel was full. The room smelled aweful and the staff was not helpful at all. I will never go to this hotel ever again. Even if is an emergency.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family