Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
US$103
US$90
SleepInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$133
US$122
US$97
US$110
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchenfront deskbedroom suiteoatmealhome away from homeextended stayroad noisewould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelgreat roomfirst floorshort drivehousekeeping staffshands hospitalair conditionerfree breakfast
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Needed a pet friendly hotel at a decent price. Frankly, most places didn't look very good. The Residence Inn was great! Beautiful suite (one of the nicest I have stayed in) with kitchen, flat screen tv and lots of wall plugs for all my electronics! Staff were very nice, good breakfast. Was on the side away from I-75 so that wasn't an issue for me. Very Eco-friendly also. Nothing but good to say about my stay there!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms seem to be on the side away from I-75 and near nice walking areas.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We loved every part of this Residence Inn except when it was time to go to bed. We were placed in a room where both sides bordered busy I 75. I have never stayed in a hotel where I couldn't sleep but sleeping here was next to impossible. Half of the hotel is not like this but if you stay on the side bordering I 75, prepare to be up all night unless you bring earplugs or a sound machine. You could even feel the vibration of the semis driving by every 5 seconds.

I have never written a complaint letter before as we always stay at Residence Inns but this time I decided I would do so. I am a Marriott Rewards customer and I wrote their Customer Care Department and explained that I paid full price to not be able to sleep. They had the hotel manager send me a very pointed e-mail that said that the name of the hotel is Residence Inn i 75 so what more could I expect but lots of noise. (I had gone to the front desk several times pleading for a room change as we were going to stay three nights. They could not accommodate me.) My husband was seeing a specialist at the University Hospital and sleep was imperative because of his condition. Again, no one would help us. So we called The Homewood Suites and they graciously gave us a beautiful room and we stayed there the remaining two nights.
Everything else was fine about the hotel but if you can't sleep because of the horrible noise, why pay $149 per night plus tax to be miserable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not border I 75 Interstate or you will be miserable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night while attending a Memorial Service in Gainesville. The location as fine albeit tucked up behind a strip mall with a Publix Supermarket. I-75 does run along one side of the hotel. We were on the other side and didn't experience the noise some have complained about.
We found the hotel including the common areas to be clean. A group of teenage girls were congregating in the hall outside our room. They were well behaved but still animated. We did not hear a peep from them once our door was closed.
The new Residence Inn decor is very nice. While I understand that there are hundreds or thousands of rooms that look the same around the country, the overall impression is that they are not cookie cutter., e.g. bedside tables and curtains don't match (in a good way). The appliances were stainless steel and the counters were granite. Everything LOOKS very pretty. As others have noted, the couch wasn't particularly comfortable, but it wasn't terrible either. Gone is the dental office waiting room feel of the Residence Inn brand.
My only real complaint does have to do with the air conditioning. We were in a studio. I slept on the side of the bed closest to the window. I was exhausted and actually slept fairly well, but I woke up terrible congested. This is a pretty serious design flaw. If the true 1BR rooms have a better design, it would be well worth paying the additional cost to avoid the issue.
We had a very early flight and left before breakfast. But the staff was very helpful in confirming directions and helping us locate a gas station that was open.
I have not stayed in any other Gainesville hotels; however, from my reading on this site and from seeing the hotels where other friends and family stayed in the area, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I would either pick a 1 BR suite or make my husband sleep on the side of the bed that suffers the full force of the AC vent.

Room Tip: Beware of the air conditioning vents blowing on the bed in the Studio suites.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Jane who takes great pride in her dinner prep, made a fantastic kielbasa with peppers and onions. She treats her guests like family and loves to cook...isn't that the essence of hopitality?

Don't really get the complaints on here...pretty typical RI amenities...consistent with Marriott standards...treated well as a Platinum member.

To the ac complainers, you don't get a cold from air blowing on you...a cold is a virus! I like a cool room and sleep better that way...ac was perfect and slept great.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I’ve been staying at the Residence Inn for over a month now, and I think it’s a nice hotel for a weekend or extended stay. I usually don’t give a detailed review of a hotel like this, but since I’ve been here for so long, I figure I might as well give everyone all the info…

Room:
Rooms are large as with any Residence Inn, these are fairly new so the décor is nice (I’m actually staying in the smaller of the two types of rooms). The room has a full kitchen (sink, fridge w/icemaker, microwave, & dishwasher) and hard wired and wifi internet (the wifi seems a little spotty at times, but overall it’s ok). The bed is comfy and the linens and pillows are fine. The only two small complaints about my room, when I first checked in I noticed my room had a slightly musty smell. I just bought an air freshener and all is well. Also, the shower drains a little slow…not a huge deal though. My room is quiet, except for when there are a lot of kids staying and running up and down the halls, but not the hotel’s fault who rents their rooms.

Food:
They offer a breakfast 7 days a week and an evening social (light dinner) 4 days a week. This is the biggest perk for this hotel. The breakfast buffet is large with both hot and cold items, and you can make your own waffles. The evening social is a light meal, but plenty of food for a dinner, and they offer complementary beer and wine as well. The lady who makes the food for the evening social takes a lot of pride in offering good food, and while everything may not be everyone’s taste, it is good. They also offer some nice touches for their guests: once a month they offer little perks for the guests on different evenings a BBQ rib night (which is excellent), 10 minute massages, trivia night, and the complementary beer they offer is from a local brewery.

Once again, all of the food is decent, some better than others, but all I have to say is…it’s FREE…if you don’t care for the food, get groceries and cook in your room, or visit one of the many restaurants on Archer Road.

Location:
Very convenient location…right next to I75 and on Archer, where there is plenty of shopping and restaurant options. Just a few minutes drive from UF.

Property:
Pool area is nice and clean and quite large with plenty of lounge chairs and tables if you like to eat outside. It also has a nice grill that the guests are welcome to use. Lobby is nice, and the business center is adequate with two computers and a printer that you can use for no extra charge. The gym isn’t the best…a couple of treadmills, an elliptical and a few free weights. The one time I went it seemed clean. If I was just here for a weekend I would suck it up and just use the elliptical, but since I’m here for 2 months I joined a local gym. The laundry room is clean and the machines are all in good condition $1 each to wash and dry. The hallways and common areas can get a little dirty sometimes when the hotel is full and there are a lot of kids and pets staying and tracking in dirt. They might try to clean the floors in the main hallways a little more often when the hotel is full, but this is a minor point…it’s not like I’m walking around the hotel barefoot anyway.

Staff:
Front desk staff are young, probably UF students or recent graduates. They are all polite and helpful. That’s about all can say about them. Housekeeping is good for the most part, some are better than others, occasionally they forget to restock my toilet paper or something like that, but overall they keep the room clean, and frankly the little things you wouldn’t notice unless you were staying for several weeks.

Overall, good hotel, decent prices, and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Gainesville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business