Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchenfront deskbedroom suiteoatmealhome away from homeextended stayroad noisewould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelgreat roomfirst floorshort drivehousekeeping staffshands hospitalair conditionerfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here for a Gator football weekend and fortunately we were pretty tired when we got back to the room. The room itself was terrific, very spacious, with everything you could possibly need. However, both my husband and I had trouble sleeping because the air conditioning unit in our room was very, very loud. That was really the only negative. Breakfast was fine and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jemom68
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Needed a pet friendly hotel at a decent price. Frankly, most places didn't look very good. The Residence Inn was great! Beautiful suite (one of the nicest I have stayed in) with kitchen, flat screen tv and lots of wall plugs for all my electronics! Staff were very nice, good breakfast. Was on the side away from I-75 so that wasn't an issue for me. Very Eco-friendly also. Nothing but good to say about my stay there!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms seem to be on the side away from I-75 and near nice walking areas.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We loved every part of this Residence Inn except when it was time to go to bed. We were placed in a room where both sides bordered busy I 75. I have never stayed in a hotel where I couldn't sleep but sleeping here was next to impossible. Half of the hotel is not like this but if you stay on the side bordering I 75, prepare to be up all night unless you bring earplugs or a sound machine. You could even feel the vibration of the semis driving by every 5 seconds.

I have never written a complaint letter before as we always stay at Residence Inns but this time I decided I would do so. I am a Marriott Rewards customer and I wrote their Customer Care Department and explained that I paid full price to not be able to sleep. They had the hotel manager send me a very pointed e-mail that said that the name of the hotel is Residence Inn i 75 so what more could I expect but lots of noise. (I had gone to the front desk several times pleading for a room change as we were going to stay three nights. They could not accommodate me.) My husband was seeing a specialist at the University Hospital and sleep was imperative because of his condition. Again, no one would help us. So we called The Homewood Suites and they graciously gave us a beautiful room and we stayed there the remaining two nights.
Everything else was fine about the hotel but if you can't sleep because of the horrible noise, why pay $149 per night plus tax to be miserable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not border I 75 Interstate or you will be miserable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night while attending a Memorial Service in Gainesville. The location as fine albeit tucked up behind a strip mall with a Publix Supermarket. I-75 does run along one side of the hotel. We were on the other side and didn't experience the noise some have complained about.
We found the hotel including the common areas to be clean. A group of teenage girls were congregating in the hall outside our room. They were well behaved but still animated. We did not hear a peep from them once our door was closed.
The new Residence Inn decor is very nice. While I understand that there are hundreds or thousands of rooms that look the same around the country, the overall impression is that they are not cookie cutter., e.g. bedside tables and curtains don't match (in a good way). The appliances were stainless steel and the counters were granite. Everything LOOKS very pretty. As others have noted, the couch wasn't particularly comfortable, but it wasn't terrible either. Gone is the dental office waiting room feel of the Residence Inn brand.
My only real complaint does have to do with the air conditioning. We were in a studio. I slept on the side of the bed closest to the window. I was exhausted and actually slept fairly well, but I woke up terrible congested. This is a pretty serious design flaw. If the true 1BR rooms have a better design, it would be well worth paying the additional cost to avoid the issue.
We had a very early flight and left before breakfast. But the staff was very helpful in confirming directions and helping us locate a gas station that was open.
I have not stayed in any other Gainesville hotels; however, from my reading on this site and from seeing the hotels where other friends and family stayed in the area, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I would either pick a 1 BR suite or make my husband sleep on the side of the bed that suffers the full force of the AC vent.

Room Tip: Beware of the air conditioning vents blowing on the bed in the Studio suites.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Jane who takes great pride in her dinner prep, made a fantastic kielbasa with peppers and onions. She treats her guests like family and loves to cook...isn't that the essence of hopitality?

Don't really get the complaints on here...pretty typical RI amenities...consistent with Marriott standards...treated well as a Platinum member.

To the ac complainers, you don't get a cold from air blowing on you...a cold is a virus! I like a cool room and sleep better that way...ac was perfect and slept great.

• Stayed: July 2011