“Good for a short stay, but I stayed 2 months and had a few issues”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good for a short stay, but I stayed 2 months and had a few issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is one of the nicer hotels if you are staying in Gainesville. Property is kept immaculate, (unless they have a ball team staying) and in general very satisfying. Wine and Beer is served Monday through Thursday, (unless the host is out sick, then you are out of luck) and a light dinner is served. Don't expect it to serve as dinner, or you will go hungry. Good for an appetizer before going out for dinner.Breakfast is satisfactory, and the staff does their best to keep up with the demand. I don't recommend getting the scrambled eggs...they are powdered with no taste. Other than that, they have oatmeal, cereal, and sausage. Fruit as well as the make your own waffles.

Now on to housekeeping. You are fine if you are only staying a day or two. But we stayed 2 months and never had our floors cleaned, or the toilet.scrubbed. Maids showed up around 5 when we were cooking dinner in our little kitchen, just hoping to give you new towels and that's it. I think we had our sheets changed 3 times in 2 months, and that was at my insistence..

The room kitchen was well equipped, and all in all, had a good visit. Very pet friendly. My main suggestion is to get the housekeeping staff up to par. Landscaping is fantastic. They have a hard time accommodating large groups. Don't seem to hire the staff to keep up with the demand.

If you are here for a short stay, and they don't have any baseball leagues staying, you will have a good visit. Just insist on a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will be counting trucks at night and not sheep!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will not be having a "silent night&qu...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Initially had reservations at another Marriott property just a couple miles from here. Then I read reviews on Trip Advisor, booked a room here and cancelled the other one. That was one of the smartest choices ever !!! When checking in, the receptionist indicated we still had time to enjoy the Managers Reception. Soup, Salad and drinks (including wine and two choices of local brewed beer). The property is well groomed and the hospitality is amazing. Our King room is like a mini studio apartment. The price is so affordable and worth every penny of it. YUP, this was a good choice.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elainegstacy
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

I found this Marriott on TA while in our 13th hour of travel last night! Very neat, clean, safe stop! We are so glad we kept driving till Gainsville now we only have 2 hours travel left to Clearwater, FL!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stay in this hotel often for business. The rooms are wonderful -- very spacious -- a sitting area, full kitchen (stovetop at least, not sure about oven), bedroom area, etc. The room is decorated beautifully, as if you are in someone's home. The breakfast and happy hour is nice. Happy hour serves beer from a local microbrewery (Swamphead) that is located behind the hotel. Plus, they have wine and they serve food which is not just finger food. The happy hour food can sometimes be your evening meal. The hotel has a nice outdoor gas grill and many tables. I saw people using the grill twice during my last stay. Since this hotel is next to the interstate, you may hear traffic noise depending on your room location. The air conditioning unit in my most recent room (on 5th floor) also made a lot of strange noises but it did not keep me up at night. I like how their room clock radios include a noise maker (ocean sound, wind chimes, etc.) -- this really helps me sleep at night.

Room Tip: To avoid traffic noise, stay on back side of hotel and/or on the right side of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful property. Very fresh and clean. Room is very well designed and comfortable. Breakfast is pretty much the same as other select service properties which means gluten free, dairy free, or healthy foods are not in abundance.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights in a King Suite. Really noisy from outside and the A/C was rattling or some weird noise all night. There was a nail in the bathroom hall floor that was sticking up and we finally had to take care of the problem! The young lady that checked us in was very professional, but the young man that followed her shift was very rude. We ask for ice, because the ice maker had been turned off and there was none. He advised us that the refrigerator had a ice maker if we knew how to use it, if not come down and he would try to give us a bowl of ice! This young man just wanted a paycheck and his shift to end.
We will try them one more time, only because I have a Marriott Rewards Card.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Macomb, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for my little sister's graduation and a good time was had by all. The suite was spacious with a kitchen and stovetop. It was clean and comfortably fit 6 people. You can even submit a grocery list and the hotel staff will deliver it to your door with no extra charge. There is a BBQ grill out by the pool and breakfast was hot and plentiful (eggs, sausage, fruit, pancakes, cereal, etc.). We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: When there are big UF events, advance booking was actually not as helpful. We actually drove up and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family