This is one of the nicer hotels if you are staying in Gainesville. Property is kept immaculate, (unless they have a ball team staying) and in general very satisfying. Wine and Beer is served Monday through Thursday, (unless the host is out sick, then you are out of luck) and a light dinner is served. Don't expect it to serve as dinner, or you will go hungry. Good for an appetizer before going out for dinner.Breakfast is satisfactory, and the staff does their best to keep up with the demand. I don't recommend getting the scrambled eggs...they are powdered with no taste. Other than that, they have oatmeal, cereal, and sausage. Fruit as well as the make your own waffles.
Now on to housekeeping. You are fine if you are only staying a day or two. But we stayed 2 months and never had our floors cleaned, or the toilet.scrubbed. Maids showed up around 5 when we were cooking dinner in our little kitchen, just hoping to give you new towels and that's it. I think we had our sheets changed 3 times in 2 months, and that was at my insistence..
The room kitchen was well equipped, and all in all, had a good visit. Very pet friendly. My main suggestion is to get the housekeeping staff up to par. Landscaping is fantastic. They have a hard time accommodating large groups. Don't seem to hire the staff to keep up with the demand.
If you are here for a short stay, and they don't have any baseball leagues staying, you will have a good visit. Just insist on a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will be counting trucks at night and not sheep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Residence Inn Gainesville by Marriott(R) hotel is located just 3 miles from the University of Florida including Heavener Football Complex and Ben Hill Griffin Complex as well as Shands at the University of Florida. Spacious extended stay suites include complimentary Internet, mini-fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary parking, pool, fitness center, meeting room, and outdoor patio with fire pit and BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel Gainesville
- Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 Florida