“Nice and Quiet”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This hotel is in a quiet area even though it is right of I-75. Our room faced the back and we didn't hear any noise at all. When we entered the room it was very clean but the smell from the cleaning was a bit strong. The bed was very comfortable, but the sofa was kind of sagging and hard to sit on. The room had a nice kitchen and a table for two as well as a desk and another chair. The television could be swiveled to watch from the sitting area or the bed. I did find some hair on the bed that was not from us but the sheets were clean smelling. The breakfast was very good. There was no evening reception on Sunday; they have it only Monday through Thursday. The hotel is located close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. It is pet friendly. The staff was very helpful and cheerful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ssbeagle
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Gainesville I-75

Reviewed 10 December 2012

There are many options for lodging in this college town, so you have to pay attention. This hotel is off the beaten path and for that, is still new feeling. The front desk area is welcoming and wide open, which creates an overall good feeling. We made it clear after the last hotel we stayed at, we wanted a clean place to sleep. The receptionist offered us a look around before we settled in. We ended up staying the night and it was worth it.

Our room was perfect for a longer stay and even included a kitchen, table, and pullout bed. If ever we are near another Residence Inn we will certainly stop.

Only down side was that the ac unit is noisy and turns on/off all night.

Room Tip: The king was nice and affordable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KMWilgus
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Of course we had the nice big studio suite we have become accustomed to at Residence Inn. The location is not pretty, between I-75 and some storage sheds, but it is very close to the University Museum complex which was important for us. There is also lots of shopping and restaurant choices within a mile at the exit. Our main disappointment was the breakfast. It just did not seem quite as good as what we have experienced at other Residence Inns, or even Hampton Inns. Maybe the staff got a bad start on the day or something, but it was poor both days we ate there.

I agree with the comment to ask for a room at the back. No sense in taking on the noise of I-75. In the back, it really was not an issue.

Staff was all friendly and helpful. I would sure try them again and just hope for a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from I-75
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marv B
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel in the last two years. It qualifies as your standard Marriott fare. Last time I thought the hotel was noisy because of the close proximity to I-75 (300-400 feet) this time I am sure of it. If you choose to stay here make sure you ask for a room at the back of the hotel,otherwise...be prepared to listen to semi truck traffic all night long! Breakfast is marginal, everything seems to have been pre-frozen and then thawed. The best items are the fruit cups and the yogurt, the coffee is tasteless...Marriott could do much better. Aside from those things, the hotel is ok, although at 150 a weekend night you might want to consider other venues.

Room Tip: Absolutely request back of the hotel away from I-75 noise!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tvkelly
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My husband and I are relocating to Gainesville FL and stayed twice recently at the Gainesville Residence Inn. It was a great choice for our extended stay and we were quite comfortable in our spacious suite. Having a kitchen to cook in, laundry area and workout space provided a little bit of home away from home. We enjoyed the great breakfast and evening social not to mention terrific customer service from manager David and his staff. We’ll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank alc357
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here for a baseball tournament, so the hotel was busy during our stay. That said, the hotel was nicely made, but they did not seem to be maintaining it. Also the cleaning was minimal at best. We also had an issue with maintenance. The bathroom light did not work, and it took two days to get it repaired. The room was quiet and comfortable except at night. It has the annoying motion detector on the thermostat, so it gets hot at night. The VIP override mode was being reset each night, so we were unable to bypass the system. The bedding was okay, but not exceptional. They do allow dogs, but most of them seem to have been on the first floor. With the teams staying at the hotel, the breakfast was not usable so we ate at a nearby McDonalds each morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pretzel660
Reviewed 27 October 2012

As Marriott Gold, we were very disappointed in this property. I had asked for first floor and got third. I was told no upgrades were available for gold members, yet when I checked the website a few hours earlier, there were plenty of available 1 b/r suites. Our room had no do not disturb sign.
Breakfast was a disgrace. It was served until 10am, yet when we got down at 9:30am, they were out of oatmeal, eggs and fruit. When I asked for some, I was told there was none available. After complaining to the front desk, they finally made some more eggs. Being Marriott gold at this property is a joke. They didn't even give us a bottle of water.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple