My son and I needed to stay in Gainesville, FL for an early morning appointment. We picked this Marriott because of the location to the appointment. We arrived around 9:30PM on a Monday night and we were given room 227 (king bed/one bath plus a sofa bed). Unfortunately, the bedroom window faced I-75. So, I could hear every truck/car/semi/ that passed by ALL night. In addition, there is a light post directly outside the window. So...I enjoyed both noise and extra light while trying to sleep. My son who was sleeping on the sofa bed wasn't bothered as much with the traffic noise as his window faced a different direction. (We have stayed at this same Marriott before and had a room on the opposite side of the property away from 1-75 without the noise problem. ) SO...I would recommend that you request a room away from 1-75. The room was clean and fine for a quick over night stay. We went down for the complementary breakfast at 8AM. It was just okay (I know it's free... so I can't really complain but we have experienced better quality of breakfast food/offerings at other Residence Inn's throughout Florida.) They offered coffee, bagels, self serve waffles, three types of cereal and oatmeal. What they need more of was the scrambled eggs (they ran out) and ice for the cold beverages. I tried the ice machine twice during breakfast and it was empty both times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Residence Inn Gainesville by Marriott(R) hotel is located just 3 miles from the University of Florida including Heavener Football Complex and Ben Hill Griffin Complex as well as Shands at the University of Florida. Spacious extended stay suites include complimentary Internet, mini-fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary parking, pool, fitness center, meeting room, and outdoor patio with fire pit and BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel Gainesville
- Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 Florida