“Quick Trip to Gainesville, FL”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Tallahassee, Florida
“Quick Trip to Gainesville, FL”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My son and I needed to stay in Gainesville, FL for an early morning appointment. We picked this Marriott because of the location to the appointment. We arrived around 9:30PM on a Monday night and we were given room 227 (king bed/one bath plus a sofa bed). Unfortunately, the bedroom window faced I-75. So, I could hear every truck/car/semi/ that passed by ALL night. In addition, there is a light post directly outside the window. So...I enjoyed both noise and extra light while trying to sleep. My son who was sleeping on the sofa bed wasn't bothered as much with the traffic noise as his window faced a different direction. (We have stayed at this same Marriott before and had a room on the opposite side of the property away from 1-75 without the noise problem. ) SO...I would recommend that you request a room away from 1-75. The room was clean and fine for a quick over night stay. We went down for the complementary breakfast at 8AM. It was just okay (I know it's free... so I can't really complain but we have experienced better quality of breakfast food/offerings at other Residence Inn's throughout Florida.) They offered coffee, bagels, self serve waffles, three types of cereal and oatmeal. What they need more of was the scrambled eggs (they ran out) and ice for the cold beverages. I tried the ice machine twice during breakfast and it was empty both times.

Room Tip: Request a room away from 1-75 !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta GA
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our 1-bedroom suite was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast/dinner offerings were good. The location is quiet, but is just off I-75 and the main highway through Gainesville. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here and as the Residence's go, this one was quite nice. It seems to often be very busy and some rooms might be too close to I-75 but we didn't have those problems. We were traveling with 4 boys and had booked a 2 rooms suite and it was really nice. All very clean, a kitchen which was in great shape, 3 TVs, 2 queens and a sofa bed. That was our let down. Each night the boys swapped out which pair slept there and each morning I heard how horrible their night was. Did I mention they are all 14? This sofa sleeper is really not meant for sleeping on. Sure, most are not that great as well but we had hoped for that room rate for a better version.

All in all a good stay but will not go back when expecting to sleep 6 again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2013

While we were only passing through the area for one night, the suite was very clean and updated. Traveling with 2 teenage girls can be difficult without 2 bathrooms so this suite was perfect. The staff at this hotel is very personable and we will return if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Even though we did stay near the middle of the hotel, I did not hear any road noise. However, if yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Gainesville.
Miami
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. We reserved a one bedroom suite that was very nice, clean and comfortable. Good semi firm bed, good shower, nicely decorated rooms. Although we only stayed 2 nights, the room was comfortable enough to stay a week or longer. Nicely equipped kitchen with granite countertops, coffee maker, toaster, microwave with popcorn, and dishwasher which is great for those that hate to wash dishes!
The Buffett breakfast is ok. The buffet is very similar to a Hampton Inn Hotel style buffet with Sausage patties, dried eggs, bagels, muffins, waffle maker and juices. There is also oatmeal with limited fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2013
McLean, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had seen many positive reviews, so we decided to give this hotel a try. Without a doubt, it is the nicest Residence Inn we have ever stayed in--very conveniently located, extremely clean, very nice and helpful staff. We had a one bedroom suite, and because we were there for five nights, the extra spece was a real blessing. The furniture was fine, although the couch is pretty low for extended sitting. Breakfasts are very good, and Monday-Thursday, there is also complimentary food and wine/beer in the evening. My only complaint was that, for a couple of days, the air conditioner seemed to have only two outputs--freezing and warm. We went with the freezing, and the bedroom was really cold. Adjustable vents rather than fixed ones would solve the problem, and by the fourth day, the thermostat seemed to be much more responsive, and we were fine. Will definitely stay here again, but will bring my warm jammies.

Room Tip: A room away from the highway side will be quieter. Ours was fine, and was on a corner. Got a littl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at this location for one night with my family. We were excited to find a 2 bedroom suite (one of few in the area) as we were 5 people (my parents, my husband, son and me). The room looked very new and was very clean and well set up. We had a full kitchen area as well as seating area in addition to the 2 bedrooms and 2 baths (plus the pull-out bed in the sitting room for my son). Breakfast the next morning was great and had a variety (although get there early because lights are definitely out at the moment they are done). The staff was also really nice - my husband has type 1 diabetes and usually drinks a glass of milk before bed to help keep his sugar levels normal througout the night. We checked the little market and they didn't have any milk there. So he asked the front desk about where he could get some nearby, and they went to the back and grabbed 4 little containers from the breakfast stash for him at no charge. So sweet! They also brought us extra towels and foam pillows (I have a feather allergy) which was great. I would definitely stay here again. It is convenient to the University of Florida and all of their medical facilities (which is why we were there).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Residence Inn. We will look forward to seeing the next time you are in Gainesville.