“Great hotel for pets”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 30 December 2013

At least once a year I stay in Gainesville with my dog and my cat on my way between south Florida and Atlanta. This was the first year I stayed at this hotel and I was so impressed I will never go back to the hotel I have stayed in for the past 5 years. Check-in was easy. The room was clean, spacious, and offered everything that I needed while I was there. The grounds are well-lit for walking in the evening hours. They have a fire pit and outdoor pool for relaxing. The staff was friendly and I would absolutely stay there again, with or without accompanying pets!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela L

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were in town for the Florida gators football game. The hotel was very clean and we were allowed to stay one night. (usually there is a two night minimum on football weekends) The rooms are set up nicely and were quite. Very clean.The morning buffet was typical for this type of place. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed here twice in the past month. The hotel is newer and nice. However, portions of the hotel are starting to show wear--perhaps because it is a college town. Hopefully, this hotel will be kept up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

When we first checked in our 2 bedroom suite was not available and the desk clerk told us he would call us when it was ready. We went to dinner and did not receive a call. Finally we went back at 6 and room still not ready but desk clerk had left for the day. The new clerk hurried and found us a room. I thought at this time that we might be in for a bad time. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms as usual in residence inn were clean, updated and comfortable. The pool was nice and the meal/social was actually a decent surprise. They serve wine have beer on tap from a brewery located just in back of the hotel.
Overall had a good experience with the one glitch.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and I apologize for the glitch at check in. We will look forward to having you stay again the next time you are in Gainesville.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I like the location, close to publix and the stores. easy access to the interstate. lots of kids and kid's parents there for different activities in the summer. I happened to share the hotel with a swimming meet gang. The rooms are great and easy to get to and the breakfast is normal free buffet style stuff.

They do allow pets, so ask for a pet free room if there are issues there. And also one family was cooking a very strong smelling dinner, and the rooms do not vent outside. But overall the hotel is nice, easy and clean.

Room Tip: I like to locate near the stairs so I can enter the room without going through the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Manager (David) especially kind and payed attention to customers and staff. Very comfortable, stress free visit for 3 days. We will for sure recommend to other family members in the future. Dale Green

Room Tip: great rate and amenities
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. As the manager I am glad you felt welcomed to our hotel. Let us know when you will back in Gainesville. We would love to have you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for a business/pleasure trip. You always know what to expect with each of the Marriott brands, this hotel was no exception. My only criticism is that some of the seats in the lobby need to be replaced and there were cigarette butts around and in the fire pit. Breakfast was good, evening social was nice, and the employees were friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business