“Why no canopy”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

A great experience ruined by having to load my car in the rain. This is a new property that does not have a canopy over its entrance...why? Loved the room and everything else except the entrance. Got soaked because we had to load our car during an all day rain...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hbladman

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have a pet dog and I don't want to board her so while I have been vacationing around the united states, I have been staying at residence inn, because they are pet friendly. I have been mostly pleased with all of them. However, I will say I was very disappointed with Gainsville I-75. First I will say it was a newer, clean hotel. The room itself was great as far as as those two points. I requested a quiet room because I'm a light sleeper. I received 3 hours sleep at best. First of all I was put in a room facing the highway,which was very noisy. Truck traffic with air brakes getting off the exit kept me up and when the air kicked in , which is placed right by the bed, rattles when it kicks on. Then there was a loud dripping noise in the wall by the headboard. I called the front desk repeatedly to see if I could switch rooms. No one ever answered the phone. I gave up and laid in the bed waiting for morning to come. Then at midnight a small party started up at the fire pit which was below my bedroom window. When they started to get loud, I finally got through to the front desk to tell them if they could quiet the party down. I voiced all my concerns and wasn't offered to move and probably wouldn't of had the energy to do so after midnight anyway. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that the windows are facing as far away from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

At least once a year I stay in Gainesville with my dog and my cat on my way between south Florida and Atlanta. This was the first year I stayed at this hotel and I was so impressed I will never go back to the hotel I have stayed in for the past 5 years. Check-in was easy. The room was clean, spacious, and offered everything that I needed while I was there. The grounds are well-lit for walking in the evening hours. They have a fire pit and outdoor pool for relaxing. The staff was friendly and I would absolutely stay there again, with or without accompanying pets!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were in town for the Florida gators football game. The hotel was very clean and we were allowed to stay one night. (usually there is a two night minimum on football weekends) The rooms are set up nicely and were quite. Very clean.The morning buffet was typical for this type of place. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed here twice in the past month. The hotel is newer and nice. However, portions of the hotel are starting to show wear--perhaps because it is a college town. Hopefully, this hotel will be kept up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

When we first checked in our 2 bedroom suite was not available and the desk clerk told us he would call us when it was ready. We went to dinner and did not receive a call. Finally we went back at 6 and room still not ready but desk clerk had left for the day. The new clerk hurried and found us a room. I thought at this time that we might be in for a bad time. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms as usual in residence inn were clean, updated and comfortable. The pool was nice and the meal/social was actually a decent surprise. They serve wine have beer on tap from a brewery located just in back of the hotel.
Overall had a good experience with the one glitch.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and I apologize for the glitch at check in. We will look forward to having you stay again the next time you are in Gainesville.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I like the location, close to publix and the stores. easy access to the interstate. lots of kids and kid's parents there for different activities in the summer. I happened to share the hotel with a swimming meet gang. The rooms are great and easy to get to and the breakfast is normal free buffet style stuff.

They do allow pets, so ask for a pet free room if there are issues there. And also one family was cooking a very strong smelling dinner, and the rooms do not vent outside. But overall the hotel is nice, easy and clean.

Room Tip: I like to locate near the stairs so I can enter the room without going through the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business