“ok hotel”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It is conveniently located near UF and off I-75, but some things are lacking. Toilet paper is 1 ply, so it is definitely not top quality. there are no safety strips in bathtub, and our tv could not access nbc to watch the olympics..It said channel not available. Big disappointment. There was however, a nice social hour., including Salad. Lasagna. Cookies. Wine and beer. Breakfast was fine.
The down comforter was so lightweight that it hardly provided enough warmth for the 35 degree nighttime temperature.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

MiamiSheila,

I want to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay at our property. This is certainly not the Residence Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. We will work harder to continue to train our staff and make sure this does not happen again.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback so we can continue to grow.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Interior and exterior of this property are fantastic and surrounded by trees on most sides, so there's no traffic noise or bright street or building lights. The front desk staff are stellar; they even remembered my name! Unfortunately, the room experience was another story. Fixtures, tables, phones, etc. hadn't been dusted in quite a while, and while housekeeping replaced towels and made beds during service, they did not wipe down vanities, sinks, kitchenette, nor did they refresh toiletries and the empty bathroom tissue roll. For the lack of good housekeeping, I give my say a poor rating. Were housekeeping better, I'd rate good to excellent.

Room Tip: Forest facing rooms are darker and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jaybird0278
Aaron G, Marketing Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear jaybird0278,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75.

You indicated in your response that our housekeeping service was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Aaron G.
Marketing Manager
864.327.4042
agreer@otodevelopment.com

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here during week of January 6th. My room had a kitchenette and was more like a small apartment than a hotel room. Everything was in good condition and very clean. I especially liked the free food at the social evenings sponsored by management during weekdays. I plan on staying here during my next visit to Gainesville.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

A great experience ruined by having to load my car in the rain. This is a new property that does not have a canopy over its entrance...why? Loved the room and everything else except the entrance. Got soaked because we had to load our car during an all day rain...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hbladman
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have a pet dog and I don't want to board her so while I have been vacationing around the united states, I have been staying at residence inn, because they are pet friendly. I have been mostly pleased with all of them. However, I will say I was very disappointed with Gainsville I-75. First I will say it was a newer, clean hotel. The room itself was great as far as as those two points. I requested a quiet room because I'm a light sleeper. I received 3 hours sleep at best. First of all I was put in a room facing the highway,which was very noisy. Truck traffic with air brakes getting off the exit kept me up and when the air kicked in , which is placed right by the bed, rattles when it kicks on. Then there was a loud dripping noise in the wall by the headboard. I called the front desk repeatedly to see if I could switch rooms. No one ever answered the phone. I gave up and laid in the bed waiting for morning to come. Then at midnight a small party started up at the fire pit which was below my bedroom window. When they started to get loud, I finally got through to the front desk to tell them if they could quiet the party down. I voiced all my concerns and wasn't offered to move and probably wouldn't of had the energy to do so after midnight anyway. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that the windows are facing as far away from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

At least once a year I stay in Gainesville with my dog and my cat on my way between south Florida and Atlanta. This was the first year I stayed at this hotel and I was so impressed I will never go back to the hotel I have stayed in for the past 5 years. Check-in was easy. The room was clean, spacious, and offered everything that I needed while I was there. The grounds are well-lit for walking in the evening hours. They have a fire pit and outdoor pool for relaxing. The staff was friendly and I would absolutely stay there again, with or without accompanying pets!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were in town for the Florida gators football game. The hotel was very clean and we were allowed to stay one night. (usually there is a two night minimum on football weekends) The rooms are set up nicely and were quite. Very clean.The morning buffet was typical for this type of place. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013