“A newer Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for one night. Was not reconized as a platinum elite and was not upgraded. I was offered points or an amenity. Rooms were nice and modern. Bed decent as was towels. Fitness center lacking but they offer a free off site gym to go to. Breakfast is free and decent. Still nicest hotel in Gainesville.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The room was amazing! Had everything I needed. Plus they offer recycling, that was important to me. They have an option for filling the refrigerator with anything you need. If I was staying longer that would have been great!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Thank DragonEarthPart... .
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were driving across from Nashville to Orlando so needed two overnight stops. This was the second stop, close enough to be enable us to arrive in Orlando by mid-day.
We had stayed in a couple of 'Suite Hotels' during this trip, so we had something to use as a benchmark.
Evidently, this hotel was close to the local colleges and as this was a weekend this was used as a base for some of the teams playing locally that weekend. We had visions of noisy teenagers all night.
Our room was superb, very (very) well equipped. Just like a modern apartment. Everything looked brand new. Large, spacious, clean and comfortable. we were told that Monday to Friday there is a managers cocktail hour, but not on the weekend.
There were no noisy teenagers - they are segregated on a separate floor evidently - but to be fair they were all polite and courteous so I suspect staying on their floor would have been fine.
Could not fault the hotel - it was a shame we did not know the quality of this hotel chain as we would have used them more during our trip where we had the option.
There was a very nice outside pool area - we did not arrive early enough to make use of it - but lots of people did.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was your standard Residence Inn with nice rooms and decent amenities, however, the location next to the interstate made for a noisy room. The complimentary breakfast was lackluster. The eggs were dried out even when I arrived as it opened in the morning. I ate breakfast elsewhere the second morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Geoffrey G
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Geoffrey G,
Thank you for your feedback, we take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. After receiving your review, we gave the breakfast attendants your feedback and suggestions on different ways to prepare the eggs. If there are other items, good or bad, you would like to discuss with me, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Our aim is to always provide excellent customer service so I always encourage guest feedback in order to achieve our goal.
Make it a great day!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed with my three kids who attended a camp at the University of Florida. Good: nightly food was a bonus, most nights were good (tip- stir fry night is over-cooked vegetables and tasteless rice). We stayed in the queen one bedroom - the kitchen with full sized refrigerator was nice. Appliance seemed new. Beds were nice (nothing to rave about). Pool larger than most hotels in this price range.
Bad: layout - the one bathroom is in the master bedroom. Worn furniture- one chair and ottoman were scraped up pretty badly. The housekeeping was substandard. We used the pull out couch each night for my daughter- housekeeping didn't change it and then left it open each day (instead of turning back into a couch). They also say they will take care of your dishes however our housekeeper only chose to put some of the dishes in the dishwasher and left others in the sink for me to clean. I overheard two housekeepers in the hall talking about a special pillow request from another room with annoyance. No hairdryer in room- had to call down to front desk. One pull on drawer was broken- I didn't get a chance to call maintenance and honestly expected housekeeping to alert them.
Lots of dogs - not an issue for me, no additional noise from them - assume hotel has very friendly pet policy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Shorlando34515,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay. We do cherish feedback, as it can only help us improve our operation. We take great pride in meeting and exceeding the expectations of all our guests, so we're disappointed that the cleanliness lacked on this visit. Please rest assured that my team and I will ensure that all details are addressed moving forward. We hope that we have an opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed here while a family member had surgery at Shands. Due to scheduling conflicts I had to bring small dog with me, there was a$75 pet fee for my dog but that's understandable. I found the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating, rooms and grounds were clean and well kept. They have decent free breakfast 7 days a week and weekdays they typically have some free food and a happy hour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel looks beautiful from the outside. The lobby is nice and the breakfast was great. Our one bedroom unit had a nice kitchenette and comfortable bed. The tragedy occurred when we wanted to relax in the living area. The couch was severely worn and stained on both sides of the cushions. We couldn't even sit there. The chair was more of the same. I was shocked that this beautiful facility had furniture that looked like it was dragged from a Fraternity house. It was not up to Marriott standards. When we complained in the morning, we were told, "well whatever you do, don't put that in our review." Nothing was offered. We won't stay here again. Check your room carefully before you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family