“Clean and Modern”

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Naples, Florida
“Clean and Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a clean and modern Residence Inn located with easy accessibility to almost anything you would need to do in Gainesville. The Room is typical of a Residence Inn and the Social Hour excellent. The woman that took care of me at the Social Hour went out of her way to make me feel comfortable. I will not hesitate to stay here again on a future trip to Gainesville.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueMarlinDave
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
BlueMarlinDave,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75. I glad to hear that you enjoyed our evening social and that Domonique took great care of you. We want our guests to feel as if we are welcoming them into our homes and Domonique is a great example of that. I hope you were able to enjoy a complementary Swamp Head beer at social, it is proudly brewed right here in Gainesville and loved by us locals! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in at 4 pm, but they couldn't find a 2-bedroom which we reserved. They weren't booked; however none of them were clean in the system. After waiting they found a room. I dropped the luggage and we returned around 10 pm. Had it not been so late and the fact that we had small children, we would have checked-out. The carpets were dirty and badly stained, one of the pillow cases was dirty and had not been changed. I thought it may be stained but after trying to clean it, it was what appeared to be a blood stain and it hadn't been washed. There was also a towel in the bathroom that was not folded, thrown over the towel rack that wasn't clean. The tv in one of the bedrooms didn't work because there was no power in any of the outlets on that side of the room. The breakfast in the morning was awful and barely edible eggs and sausage. The bagels were stale. We ensured this place because we had no options so late and I changed the dirty bedding with the extra set in the closet as I didn't want anyone coming in and wake my children. In the morning I told the front desk clerk about the problems and gave her the dirty pillow case. Her response was "ok." This place is not up to the standards of a Marriott Residence Inn. Marriott needs to pull their brand flag from this franchise.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Buckeye12345
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel, I apologize that you had a negative experience. This is surely not the standard for our hotel; however, please rest assured that we are taking immediate corrective action so this does not happen again in the future. We would like to regain your trust, please reach out to me at (352) 264-0000 when you are returning to the area and I will personally ensure that you have a problem free stay. You can also reach out to me at the same number if you would like to discuss your past stay in further detail.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Lise Cochran
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed overnight before tubing down the Itchnatuckee. Our group usually stays at a High Springs B&B, but it was unavailable and the price for the Residence Inn was right. I wasn't expecting much, but what a nice surprise! We had a 1 BR King suite. The room was quite roomy and the bed very comfortable. They also had a nice private area (where breakfast is served) where our group met for a pre-party wine and cheese. Another nice surprise--Paul Mitchell shampoos! Now that's class!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Barbara G,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay here at the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75. I am so glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations! It sounds like you enjoyed the free breakfast buffet that we offer here at the hotel as well as some of our room amenities. We would love to host your family again when you return to go tubing down the Ichetucknee!
Lise Cochran
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great new build, good design, modern, excellent location, football weekends are very, very expensive on football weekends, high rates and serious taxes, standard of upper mid range hotels, next to 75 and UF

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello 500Fraser,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, we certainly appreciate your feedback. You are correct; we are conveniently located right off of Archer Rd and I-75 and the newest Marriott hotel in Gainesville. While our rates are higher during football season that is the norm in the area and our rates are in-line with similar hotels in the market. We would love to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent 3 nights there in early Aug. Excellent value for the money. We got a 1BR King suite which was very nice and comfortable for our family of 4. Room looked very nice and had everything we could have asked for. Small kitchen was well equipped. Bed was very comfortable, sofa bed was OK for kids. Pool was clean and larger than most. There was some road noise from I75, especially if your room was located on that side, which ours was. That said, we were tired at night and the road noise quickly became background noise and did not disturb our sleep. Breakfast buffet was sufficient with all the normal fare. Lots of food options within a mile or so of the hotel. HIghly recommended as a place to stay if you are ever in the Gainesville area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the I75 side to avoid some of the road noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
WEGL185,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel ideal for an extended stay. We love our extended stay guests and the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 is perfectly suited to stay 5 nights or more. All of our suites come with fully equipped kitchens, not that you would need to use it as we offer a complimentary breakfast buffet daily, a complimentary evening social, and lots of other food options nearby.

Again, I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Gainesville area.
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The purpose of our visit was to go my daughter feature college University of Florida. (UF)
Location perfect
Room very comfortable and nice.
The bathrooms needs renovation
Staff ok
Breakfast very mediocre, the siting area was small

Price fair.

Stayed August 2014
Jackitoss,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel! I hope your daughter enjoyed her visit to the University of Florida. As you mentioned we are conveniently located off I-75 and just minutes for the UF campus. We hope to see you again soon when your daughter decided that she’s ready to become a Florida Gator!
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on many different business trips and it is by far one of my favorite hotels. The staff is always very friendly, the room is fantastic as it is very spacious. The dinning area is clean, and the food is always good. While on business I have traveled with my family, and the rooms are perfect to cook meals or you can go downstairs during the week and have dinner in the commons area. I go to the target (within walking distance) and stock up on some groceries and it keeps my mom and child happy while i'm at work. There are also nice big sidewalks for strolling and a pool for those days that get really hot. The deep end is only 5.5 feet and there is a bench on the side in the pool like you would see in a hot tub. Great for a little one. My 20mon old likes to walk along the bench and climb on the pool stairs so it gives her something to do in the pool.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room away from the interstate. This is right next to I-75 so the rooms near the int...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie C
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75! I am so glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed our hotel on numerous occasions. We truly appreciate you electing to stay here with us! As you mention you are able to prepare meals in your suite while your family is here but we also provide a complimentary breakfast and evening social for those that don’t want to cook. If you would like, we also offer complimentary grocery shopping services, just drop your list off at the front desk and we will have your fridge stocked by the time you return from work.
Again, thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!