This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure about staying at the downtown Gainesville Hampton Inn, although the reviews at Tripadvisor sounded good. We just needed a place to sleep for the night, and I didn't know how easy it would be to get in and out of town from the highway. But following the hotel website directions it was simple. And by chance we arrived on a Wednesday afternoon in March when the weekly farmer's market was going strong in the park across the street (recommended).
For a very reasonable price we reserved a King suite, which was a large room on the top floor. There were lots of restaurants all around the hotel, and it was fun to walk around the neighborhood. The usual breakfast is available at the hotel, a little better than usual really, with good oatmeal. Starbucks is about a block away, if you care about that kind of morning coffee and a good newspaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Florida