“Will stay here again”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
New City, New York
“Will stay here again”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I can not say enough great things about this hotel! The staff was pleasant (Rosa at the front desk is a doll), the room was immaculate, the bed comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was delicious, the valet attendants were friendly, accommodating and helpful, and I came and went about 30 times in 2 days. The lobby was inviting and friendly and every amenity I needed was right there. I will be coming to Gainesville for the next 4 years and will definitely stay at this hotel. The downtown area had so many great restaurants within 2 blocks of the hotel, yet the room was quiet and I never heard a peep from outside.

I will be coming back to Gainesville in June and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're happy to hear that your experience was great from top to bottom. We look forward to seeing you many more times over the next 4 years. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Oh my GOODNESS! Talk about friendly and accomodating staff! The room was spotless, the staff was ever so friendly and helpful. Valet parking attendants were spot on and quick to get our car no matter how many times in a day we came and went. I was honestly blown away by the exceptional quality of this hotel.

At breakfast I was sort of wandering around looking at the selection. The kitchen supervisor approached me and asked, " would you like a fresh, warm biscuit?" and handed over one from a tray she had just taken out of the oven. Mmmmm. Coffee 24/7 was a huge benefit. Breakfast was moderate but well done.

The pool was a bit small and the jacuzzi was not open, but we had no plans to use it anyway.

Only negative is that the heating unit in the bedroom was very loud. I would have gladly turned it off at night but my sister (who weight 90 pounds soaking wet) was "cold".

Over all the BEST stay I have had at a hotel in a long, long time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much for the great review on the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll visit us again real soon. Thanks again!
Maryland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel in March, 2014. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean, friendly and in a great area. I loved the happy hour, breakfast and breakfast on the run if you don't have time for a full meal. Very accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

2nd time staying here. Felt more like a boutique hotel, rather than a "normal" Hampton Inn. All aspects of the service were great and the condition of the property was predictably clean. Complimentary breakfast was great. Insider tip: There should be free parking nearby (I arrived Sat and departed Sun) if you don't mind walking a block or two, although weekdays you might as well just valet or be prepared to walk a few extra blocks. Great restaurants/bars close by, yet the room was very quiet!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're glad that you decided to visit us again! We really appreciate the great feedback about our property and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is a nice little gem in the heart of Gainesville. It is nice to be in the middle of good restaurants and entertainment. There was a bike event happening when we went and the hotel was very busy but it was very quiet in the room. We enjoyed everything from check in to check out! Very polite staff, very clean room with a great view! If you need to stay in Gainesville for a game or whatever, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property and it's close proximity to all the wonderful downtown restaurants. Thanks again, we really appreciate the positive feedback and recommendation.
Averill Park, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I recently stayed in Gainesville for business - the company made the reservations (the main reason for why I was staying in the Hampton Inn). That being said, Hampton Inns are usually pretty reliable and this one was no different.

Firstly, the location is great! It's in downtown Gainesville and relatively close to the airport and hospital. It's surrounded by lots of dining establishments (lots of variety!) and is not far from the Hippodrome. It's a busy area, but there was virtually no street noise to speak of.

The hotel itself is clean and well-maintained. The front desk staff were very helpful and quite friendly, and I have no major complaints about the room or my stay. The hotel was very quiet and I got a very comfortable night's rest. One perk (for me): free internet. And for me, at least, the internet was very reliable and had good connection, so no complaints there, either. I also appreciated the continental breakfast.

If I'm in the Gainesville area in the future, I'd be willing to stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HISGNV, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks so much for the great review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We really appreciate you letting us know about your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2014

After my first stay at this hotel, I thought I found my go to hotel in Gainesville, things have changed in the short time that I last visited. The hotel now charges for parking, which I hate. They did not have my room ready when I arrived, despite my Hilton status and the person who arrived after me was able to get their room. When I finally got my room, I showered and changed for a very important meeting only to find that the first towel I grabbed was stained.

I am going to reevaluate my hotel choices next time I am in Gainesville

3 Thank Sbkfl
We really appreciate you letting us know about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Parking is a premium in the downtown area and due to the feedback we've received from our guests, we've added valet parking to make it easier for our guests to get in and out in a timely manner. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and will address these issues with our staff. Thanks again for the feedback.