I am not big into chains, so likely my review is somewhat tinted by that. I find them boring.
The location of the hotel is great. In the thick of everything, restaurants and shops. Also, they have free access to computer and printer at the lobby, which is nice. Free fast food/cheap type breakfast. Happy hour at the lobby in the eve, with free wine and beer.
The price, around $150/night, seems expensive for Gainsville and this hotel. I picture something classier for the location. Also, the walls are paper thin, it was pretty loud during my stay, and I had requested a room at the end of the corridor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Florida