We normally like to stay at Hampton Inns, I was skeptical about staying here due to the mixed reviews that we saw, wished that I had gone with my gut and stayed else where. The valet was not there when we came, so we had to wait, the clerk was not at the desk so more waiting. I was tired and waiting just makes me grumpy. The homeless are not very visible during the day but at night, they are everywhere, now I understand why they have valet parking. The room was not very big and smelled musty. Breakfast was ok, standard hotel setup with waffles etc, and the cookies in the evening were worth snatching. But as a whole, just not worth the money at all. Stay somewhere else if your looking for nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Florida