“Super Nice Staff!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Sarasota, Florida
“Super Nice Staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Went with family to stay one night to watch UF game...arrived 11pm Fri., departed by 9:00am Sat. so didn't spend much time at hotel, however staff was very friendly and helpful. Staff went extra step to insure our room was in great shape for us, which was important as we had a member in our party who has a medical condition.

When we got home there was a message on our machine from Angie asking how our stay went - if everything was good for us...I was surprised by the extra effort - and appreciated it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your stay and your wonderful feedback!! It is always our mission to provide our guests a positive experience. We take pride in exceeding guest expectations. We hope to see you return in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. Room was quiet except for the AC wall unit cycling on. Continental breakfast - coffee, bagels, muffins, etc.. Location by interstate is convenient, but hard to find - I called the hotel for directions. Great place, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. We are in the process of upgrading signage and part of our maintenance plan is to service all AC's. We definitely appreciate you staying with us and look forward to providing you accommodations in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed while visiting some friends at UF and I am a student myself so I went for value not something amazing, I got both. The prices where great and I expected low grade service and rooms because that's typically how it works but the staff was amazing and very helpful, the rooms where well stocked and clean, and I did not feel the need to use my own sheets and blankets. So overall I was very happy and satisfied with this location, it was worth every penny!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great response and patronage to our property. It is our mission to continue to provide a great stay at a value price. We hope you return soon!!!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here after my previous motel fell through and it was great! I totally had a great time there and my wife and I will be back. Nice staff and rooms. This is kinda hard to find, but totally worth it. It's right behind the bp gas station and has a great pool area. We were very impressed with the quality of this place and how clean everything was.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your great feedback and we appreciate your patronage to our property. We will continue to provide excellent service and clean rooms! Our goal is to upgrade and update the entire property so it can shine. We thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again in the near future.
Emeryville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

First of all I have to say that the staff was great, so this is not a reflection on them. They were very nice and responsive, and helpful.

Again, this was not the staff's fault but I woke up one morning and the water had been shut off, and it continued to be off for the rest of the day and evening. They worked on it all day, and still no water. It was fixed the next day, after being off for a day and a half, but no discount or compensation was offered.

I always stay in cheap motels, and they are enough for me. As long as they are clean, no problem. Here, the towels and sheets seemed clean, the toilet seemed clean, and the sink and tub seemed like they were wiped down (disinfected, not so sure), but oh my god, there were layers upon layers of really dirty black and brown handprints on the doors and walls near all the door handles, and other places. The hair dryer also had brown handprints all over it and I had to clean it myself in order to use it. It was actually pretty gross, and not so reassuring. It's actually the 2nd most dirty hotel I've stayed in.

To clarify, great staff, but not so great hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem better, if you like to have some sunlight.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay and I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. We definitely value the information that you provided and we are committed in providing 100% guest satisfaction. We have been working on upgrading and updating our property and your stay may have been during that process, we take our cleanliness very seriously and housekeeping has been advised. Thank you for the information and we will be in touch with you.

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is going to be very nice after all their renovations are done. Andrea is great and good at her job at the front desk. Anything that we needed she made sure it we got. Housekeeping was very pleasant as well, especially the young lady name Kecee. On another note I personally thought that security guard Chris was weird. As for being security I didn't know they wore tank tops and flip flops and he needs to learn to talk to his co-workers they are human just like him and I think it's ignorant for him to do that in front of customers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and we definitely appreciate the positive comments about our front desk team. We take out guest perception very seriously and all items have been addressed. Please know that we are focused on providing the best guest experience and we thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The staff here have been wonderful and understanding throughout our stay, and have helped us in anyway they could. The rooms are affordable and clean, and the staff accommodate to meet your needs. If you're in the area and need a place to stay this is it!!! They even have a nice sized pool and a pool patio with plenty of tables and chairs. I've been all over the country and this has been my best hotel experience thus far!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful comments this is great fuel for our fire to provide great service.