“Way better then i expected at a glance and for such a low price...”

Motel 6 Gainesville
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Look, they say you get what you pay for which is true in most cases, but what are you expecting from a college town? This hotel may not have been the best looking on the outside but the customer service and price more than makes up for that. The lady at the front desk Angela or Andrea, was not the nicest person i have had to deal with. The housekeeper i believe her name was Toni, was more then happy to run and get us extra towels and toiletry's without hesitation. I stayed 3 nights and only needed the basics. I expected a lot less for what i paid but received the same services i would have at a higher rated hotel. Just because something may not seem picture perfect doesn't make it a bad place to stay. i plan on returning at the end of Oct. for a 5 night stay and i are looking forward to it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback of our property and we are delighted that you selected our property for your stay with so many options in the area. We are consistently trying to improve the property and our commitment to exceeding your expectations are paramount!!! We hope to see you return in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Went back home (to Florida) to visit with family and stayed at this location for the first time. The facility itself as a whole was very nice, presentable and appeared to be well kept. The price for my stay was very reasonable (and competitive) compared to other places in the area. The staff was very nice, courteous and willing to answer any questions, and a special Thank You to Chris from maintenance for the quick and timely fix/repair to the TV in the room! I would recommend this Hotel/Business to anyone in question, as well as myself staying here again on my next trip back to Florida!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the positive feedback. It is our pleasure to take care of all your needs when you arrive at our property. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Arriving around 4-30, the receptionist was unaware that AARP members get free Internet access, after a discussion, that was sorted out ! The outside areas of the motel were very well presented.
Room 154 was just very ordinary clean and very acceptable. The motel was easily accessible and in a good location. Noise in the morning from our fellow guests as they run their vehicle engines for long periods and shout at each other - I have never understood why they do it ? - obviously this is not the motel's fault.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful! We were allowed to check in early. The beds were comfortable. I got a good nights sleep. Nice and quiet place! The room overlooked the pool which was a nice view. The room was clean and the shower had hot water which was very nice considering other places I have stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you very much for your stay and the great feedback!!! We definitely strive to ensure a positive guest experience. We hope to see you in the near future. Thanks.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Went with family to stay one night to watch UF game...arrived 11pm Fri., departed by 9:00am Sat. so didn't spend much time at hotel, however staff was very friendly and helpful. Staff went extra step to insure our room was in great shape for us, which was important as we had a member in our party who has a medical condition.

When we got home there was a message on our machine from Angie asking how our stay went - if everything was good for us...I was surprised by the extra effort - and appreciated it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your stay and your wonderful feedback!! It is always our mission to provide our guests a positive experience. We take pride in exceeding guest expectations. We hope to see you return in the future

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. Room was quiet except for the AC wall unit cycling on. Continental breakfast - coffee, bagels, muffins, etc.. Location by interstate is convenient, but hard to find - I called the hotel for directions. Great place, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. We are in the process of upgrading signage and part of our maintenance plan is to service all AC's. We definitely appreciate you staying with us and look forward to providing you accommodations in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed while visiting some friends at UF and I am a student myself so I went for value not something amazing, I got both. The prices where great and I expected low grade service and rooms because that's typically how it works but the staff was amazing and very helpful, the rooms where well stocked and clean, and I did not feel the need to use my own sheets and blankets. So overall I was very happy and satisfied with this location, it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for the great response and patronage to our property. It is our mission to continue to provide a great stay at a value price. We hope you return soon!!!