“Perfect for overnight stay”

Motel 6 Gainesville
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stopped here to sleep and shower on our drive home from Marco Island. The room was outdated but clean. The beds were comfortable and showers hot. Their continental breakfast shouldn't even been offered. It consisted of coffee and Lil' Debbie cakes with a sign that said only take one. But the price was right and the hotel, once we found it (don't be fooled by the Road Closed sign) was very close to I-75.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Noreen C

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This place is inexpensive but not worth staying here. The sheets had sand/dirt in them them. There was a dirty wash clothe in the bathroom. An orange peel was behind the refrigerator. There was an odor coming from the carpet. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank FoodguyFl
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was seriously the WORST stay ever. I arrived at 1:10AM after driving 7hrs & the front desk could not find my reservation after I told him that I did have a reservation and a confirmation number. I gave him my number he claimed that I wasn't in the system. Then he went to the back, came back three mins later, searched in the computer again and finally found my reservation. Took him 15mins to find my reservation. Then the room I got was dirty, about 110 degrees in there, the toilet paper was unrolled to the floor, there was toilet paper in the bathroom drain, the curtain was broken and then the worst.... 3 ROACHES were crawling on the bed when I placed my bag and moved one of the pillows. DISGUSTING! DO NOT GET ROOM 412! I left at once and told the front desk of the issue, they gave me another room 402, 10mins later & NEVER SAID SORRY OR ANYTHING. This must be a common issue. Room 402 was not as bad but still not clean. The toilet had been used and not flushed, the sink was dirty with a red sticky liquid and a dirty hand towel on the rack, no trash can lining. I was exhausted, I checked the bed I was going to sleep in and found it ok to lay on. Saw no roaches but I was still grossed out from the previous room, I slept directly on top with a clean towel on the pillow. I could not sleep from being so grossed out, I checked out at 4:30 AM. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN nor recommend anyone to stay here. THIS WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST VALUE HOTEL.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Lucille P
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 5-6 times over the years for weekend trips to see the Gators play. I have stayed here for 2 reasons the price and because they are pet friendly. Like they say you get what you pay for. It is pretty rundown even though they did update rooms a year or so ago. If your on a tight budget this will be the place for you. UF is a 5-10 minute car ride away which is nice and the staff is friendly. Recently I noticed they raised their prices so unless they lower them I will not be back and really even if they did I would really think hard about returning as each year it keeps getting more and more run down despite they attempts at updating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First off the owner was very pleasant. Anytime there was a problem he attended to it right away. Housekeepers were helpful and friendly and location is great. Unfortunately they have a front desk clerk on a power trip. Incredibly rude, I stayed here with my girlfriend whom the whole staff knew, and was sexists to her. Not allowing her to access her own room and leaving her out in the rain with undesirables lurking around just to prove he had power over her. Sarcastic and unfriendly making it an absolute hassle for guests who need something. There are several complaints on here already about the clerk yet he is still there turning away repeat customers due to his lack of customer service. I would have no problem staying here again, as I stated everything else was pleasant for a motel 6, but one bad egg and ruin an omelet. If corporate cared about its loyal travelers it would understand that replacing such a clerk would benefit the experience
dramatically.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our daughter was in the hospital. Went on line to book the room. Left the hospital at midnight. Went to check in showed them our confirmation, to be told they were all booked up. Had to go try to find another room at midnight. Very rude staff. Would not recommend this hotel...

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Linda O
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed on 6/3/2014. Arrived late with prepaid reservations. The room had: half eaten watermelon, open drinks, open food, food in the bed, unmade bed and was by far, the worst I have ever stayed in. After seeing the inside, I was afraid to even leave my vehicle outside. I booked this room after reading the reviews. It was to late to do anything different, as I only had a few hrs to sleep, which I did not due to the noise in the hallway. Reviews here, some were good, some not, so I took the chance. For you ladies out there, this is not a good place for you. Whole experience nasty and no secure feeling or sleep. Spend your money somewhere else. Sorry but we all should review so others know. Maybe the maid didn't do their job? I don't know why, I just know what it was like night before last.

Room Tip: Choose another location, period.