“Enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Orlando, Florida
“Enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay when we spent the week-end in Gainesville for a wedding. Not only was the location convenient, with a lovely outdoor area, the accommodations were clean, comfortable, quiet and everything we needed. The laundry room was large and very nice. And the staff was very professional and helpful. We will look forward our next stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jewelltravels98

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at the Value Place a few times when visiting our sons at University of Florida. It is a great value, clean, with friendly service. The accommodations are basic but have everything you need including a functional kitchenette. I recommend it for anyone looking for an extended stay traveling on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have stayed at the Value Place in Gainesville twice and will definitely be returning in the future. The inn was clean, felt brand new even... Our room was comfortable and large enough for an extended stay. Management was excellent - very responsive to needs and willing to help. We also loved the location - right off the highway and close to UF, Shands, etc., but not in a congested area. We highly recommend the Value Place in Gainesville.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kurichko
Titusville
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,294 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Our son needed a place to stay while his daughter was at Shands Hospital for several weeks. the room was clean and well equipped at a $240.00 per week rate. A few roaches appeared and that is too bad as the rest of the place seemed to be fine. Good security, parking, just off i-75. compared to other choices it was a value. great internet if you need to work from the room. Under a difficult situation, the room met our needs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank James H
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I'd keep looking if you're thinking of staying here. The room was clean enough, we did see a few roaches while we were there for three weeks. The fridge, however, kept leaking some sticky fluid and you could hear water or something running through it very loudly several times a day. Also, the tub didn't drain hardly at all. If you took a shower you were doing it standing in a few inches of water. The AC was nice, only when it was on full blast. For some reason the fan can only be set to on nonstop or auto, so any time the AC isn't actively pumping cold air the fan is blowing in some really hot, humid air from outside so your only option is to go from boggy humidity every fifteen minutes or so to freezing or just keep the AC turned down low enough to freeze you the entire time. Also, we were on a nonsmoking floor and the room absolutely reeked of cigarettes the whole time. We came to the conclusion that they must alternate between smoking and nonsmoking floors, which is a horrible idea. We kind of got the smell to go away somewhat after two weeks of using deodorizing room cones, spraying perfume and lighting candles. There was some sort of weird black residue that seemed to cover everything in the room as well. I'm not sure what that was about but it completely set my allergies off. You could see it all over the bathroom sink and tub if you didn't wipe them down daily. Which brings me to house keeping. Supposedly you're going to get house keeping services every other Tuesday, not that they tell you WHICH Tuesday, but don't expect them to show up anyway. Like I said, we were there for three weeks so we should have seen them at least once. The closest we ever got was someone stopping by once to ask if we needed anything. We did need toilet paper and at least a new tab for the toilet, which they could only give us a roll of toilet paper I guess. So maybe that's their version of house keeping, where the person never actually even enters the room. ALSO. We were buying our own toilet paper but we did run out a couple of times when it would've bee inconvenient to go to the store. The first time we were told house keeping was closed so they couldn't help us. The second we were told to come down to the front desk and pick a roll up. The day of checkout we were told they didn't provide it and we were out of luck. So basically if you're about to leave don't expect to be treated as though you're a customer or valued in any way. On top of all of this nonsense we had tons of problems with our room cards not working. They were fairly nice about resetting them. Repeatedly. The first time we were told that putting the card near a cellphone may have demagnetized it. What the person didn't tell us was that resetting one card could cause the other not to work. So we had to go down there again. This kept happening repeatedly with pretty much all the doors and the front desk kept saying they were getting demagnetized somehow. After two and a half weeks of this crap and getting new cards we finally realised that no, it was nothing we were doing wrong or even the cards going bad, their scanners just suck. Apparently when it refuses to read the card if you fiddle with it by swiping the card quickly a few times and messing with the door handle it will eventually read. If all of this nonsense weren't enough at the end of our stay we had to wait at checkout for them to look over our room, which was fine I guess aside from the fact that I was trying to make a flight. But then they claimed that a few of our towels had been "dyed blue". I will admit they were a slightly different tint than the other towels but my guess would be that it was because those towels were dirty and the others were clean and I had just tossed them all in the basket assuming house keeping would wash them all anyway. So $25 out of my deposit went to that. Not that I've gotten the other $75 of my deposit back even though it's been about 30 hours since I checked out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ink R
VPGainesvillefl, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest: Value Place Gainesville thanks you for taking the time to provide this review. We regret that your experience was less than ideal. We strive to provide an affordable, clean, safe, simple and flexible lodging option for our guests.

Our hotel undergoes routine pest control treatments with one of the most reputable national pest companies and we apologize if pests were present in your room. Please be assured we have looked into the issue and have taken necessary steps to prevent any sightings. We pride ourselves in handling any and all room maintenance requests brought to our attention, the same day. Upon check in each guest receives a bi-weekly cleaning schedule and our cleaning staff strives to provide exceptional service to each studio.

Value Place Gainesville was built in July of 2010 and all new state of the art key card readers were installed. Unfortunately, magnetic forces can deactivate keys and our front office staff works tirelessly to prevent these instances and is available 24 hours to immediately reactive keys.

Also upon check in, guests sign a registration card agreeing to inspect the room for damages and also agreeing to pay for any damages they might cause to the room or its contents. Depending on your bank or credit card processing company, deposits can take up to five business days to reflect on your account.

Again thank you for taking the time to comment.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

My parents (both in their mid 80’s) needed a place to stay while their furniture was moved across country to their new home. They both have mobility and health issues, and I was a bit nervous about their plans to stay in the cheapest motel they could find. And then have to eat out every day.

Well, we discovered Value Place and they stayed there for ten days and it was wonderful. The building is new and has excellent security features. The unit was incredibly clean. Bathroom was roomy and well designed (their unit had grab bars which are essential for my parents). Kitchen was clean and bright and had everything they needed to prepare meals. They stayed in one of the units that have one bed and one convertible sofa, so they had a comfortable place to sit & watch TV at night. And the staff were universally friendly and helpful.

I am so very grateful that my elderly parents had a secure and comfortable and affordable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Drubrite
Boquete, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was in Gainesville for 3 weeks to help our daughter with newborn twins and incorporate Shands Physical therapy into the visit. The hotel was clean, but my room was infested with roaches. No one seemed to care. They alleged that the entire floor had been sprayed a few days prior so was hesitant to have them fumigate this room again. I did ask that they spray around the door since I had seen numerous roaches around the door frame. Daily I cleaned out dead roaches from underneath the counter. I mentioned this but it was not followed up on.
Had no problems with noise and saw no police or security problems.
They are supposed to clean your room after 2 weeks. After one week my room was entered and the bathroom was cleaned, but the bed not changed or made, nor was the trash emptied. Fortunately, I had no trouble keeping things tidy as wanted to keep the bugs at bay.
I travel a great deal and stayed here as it was a convenient location and I needed a kitchen.
On the plus side, water was wonderfully hot, air and heat worked great. Brought everything that was needed so no surprises, as web site prepared me well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo