“Outdoor City Atmosphere”

Description: O!O is a tapas and martini bar with excellent food and live music
Gainesville, FL
“Outdoor City Atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Definitely has that college feel as it is right behind the Swamp Restaurant and across the street from UF. Most of the seating is outdoors in a nice shaded patio area, but there is a fair amount of noise from surrounding businesses and traffic on 17th St. We started off sitting outside and were enjoying it but moved inside due to persistent flies outside. Our waitress (Katie) did an amazing job taking care of us. The food was good but not great. The steak had a nice peppery flavor and gouda fondue appetizer was delicious. Would probably go back.

• Visited June 2012

Gainesville, Florida
“Great place for Lunch!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Great Location one block from the University of Florida. A nice outdoor patio tucked away from the noise and exhaust of University Ave makes for a great place to bring friends. There's plenty of sun and plenty of shade covered spots as well. A wide-ranging menu with something for everyone including breakfast served all day. Service was great ~ Food was tasty! Look forward to a return visit.

• Visited December 2011
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never will I ever go there again!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I recently decided to try out this restaurant, as it is fairly new, and I can barely begin to describe how displeased I was! To start with I sat outside, the weather was particularly nice that day, but I couldn't even have conversation with my company over the construction that had going on. This was right in the middle of lunch mind you. So, before our food came out we decided to move inside. Granted, we had escaped the noise coming from the saws, but didn't manage to escape the yelling and cursing coming from the kitchen. I assumed that kind of behavior must've been coming from the cooks, it actually turned out to be the owner of the place! I cannot believe someone would talk to their staff in such a manner, and where the dining room could hear! We got our food, it was decent, but what really left a sour taste in my mouth was the behavior of the owner. Also, I didn't see one manager the entire time we were there. Our server was the only good part of our experience. Being a server myself in the past, I felt seriously bad for the employees, for having to work for such a...for lack of a better word....[...]!

• Visited September 2011