“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“A very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We are new "Gator parents", so we go to Gainesville very often. Every time is a good experience. The location is very convenient, close to the University and downtown, but not noisy. The rooms are roomy and well kept, very clean. Remember to ask when you are supposed to leave the room for housekeeping, since sometimes they "jump" your room, if you are late.
The staff is friendly and they make your stay very comfortable.
There is an excellent breakfast buffet (not included) and the restaurant is good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raffaella C
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Raffaella C,
Thank you and welcome to the Gator Family. I am sure that we will be seeing more of you year after year. Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and let me know when you are back and we will make sure that we dont "jump" your room.
Please let me know when you are back, till then Aloha.

Tom MacDonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I check sheets and the bathroom when I enter a hotel room. The first thing I noticed was no yucky odor in the room the air was fresh and clean. The bath area clean bed linen no spots. No loud noises and I slept rather well each night of my stay. Convenient to major highway, close to mall shopping and food. Great Stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Phyliss R,
Thank you for the great review of your stay. We love hearing back from our guests when they have a great stay or a stay that needs attention.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to Gainesville.

Brentwood, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is very poorly managed from the front desk to the bell hop to housekeeping. Customer service is not a priority at all. We checked in for a 2 night stay and it felt like an act of Congress just to get our room cleaned! I had to call the housekeeping twice and go personally to the front desk twice just to get our room cleaned. Finally at 6:30 PM our guest room was cleaned. I would never recommend or stay at this property again. It is very hard to believe Hilton has their name on this property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Londa B
Dear Londa B,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry about the issues you experienced with Housekeeping and time it did take to get your room serviced. It should not have taken that amount of time at all. I have since worked with Housekeeping personally to make sure that we are improving the communication.
Once again I am sorry and I can assure you that this type of issue has been corrected. If your travels do bring you back to Gainesville again please let me know.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've stayed at many hotels and by far this hotel has the best staff. From the service given during the breakfast buffet with Wagih to the late evening hospitality provided by Vito & James. I personally left a daily tip for the housekeeping staff because I would leave clothes on the bed and they would hang them back in my closet.

I would highly recommend EVERYONE to stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Nobills,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. We truly do have some great customer service professionals in our operation. I have shared your comments with Wagih, Vito and James personally and thank you for mentioning them specifically.
If there is anything that we can do now or in the future please let us know.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our 5th trip to this hotel confirmed that selecting this property is always a safe and consistent choice. The grounds are clean, the front desk staff is polite and helpful and the food and beverage people do a nice job. The maintenance staff were not able to correct problems with the TV set and channel selection but they tried and gave me a drink coupon as compensation for the inconvenience. Housekeeping appeared late in the day and was a bit incomplete in their service to the room. The food and beverage staff were attentive and friendly even though we were sitting outside on the patio, making their service somewhat inconvenient for them. The minor variances to their usually outstanding service won't deter us from future stays. It's a nice property and a great location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Gomaha,
Thank you for the feedback, I have shared your comments with all the staff and I have personally worked with housekeeping to make sure that they are getting everything done in the room completely. I have also spoken with our food and beverage staff about being attentive, and not sitting outside on the patio.
Again thank you for the feedback and if your travels bring you back to Gainesville please let us know.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

From the moment you arrive until you are checking out, the staff at this Hilton treats you like you are royalty!!
Tony and Wagih, the Directors of the hotel are the friendliest and most helpful guys in Gainesville.

Akari, D'arcy, Vito and the entire front desk and restaurant staff go above and beyond to make your stay away from home very comfortable!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone if they are ever in the Gainesville area.

Room Tip: Make sure you sign up and become a Hilton honors member so they will have your preferred room choice...
Dear Ed W,
Thank you for the great feedback from your stay with us at the Hilton Gainesville. The service culture that the staff has comes from the top and from Tony, Wagih, and our other managers. I have also shared your comments with Akari, D’Arcy and Vito.
If your travels bring you back to the Gainesville area please let us know.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and really enjoyed the experience. The in room dining was delicious and very quick. The staff is extremely professional and helpful. The beds are amazing and the rooms very quiet. Very quiet except the doors are loud when they slam close. I slept like the dead as the beds were so comfortable. I highly recommend this place if you are in the Gainesville area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear CoastalAngler,
Thank you for the five star review of your stay with us. The beds are truly comfortable and everyone that does stay with us enjoys them. I will agree about the professionalism of our staff and I am very proud of them.
I have shared your comments with all and when your travels bring you back to Gainesville please let us know.