Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$166
SleepInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$166
Travelocity
US$379
1,204 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicefull servicebusiness tripuniversityfloridalobbyfootballschoolmaintenanceclosetgraduationhurricanesurgerygainsvillepet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here the night before an early morning doctors appointment at Shand's hospital. Check in was fast and easy. Hotel is older but well maintained. The one thing I noticed was there was no hospitality coffee offered and after the long drive it would have been nice. The bar tender did fix us up with some but charged for it (to make a point I tipped him more than the total bill). In the early morning we headed down for breakfast, only to figure out we had left our coupons in the room. They requested that we provide the coupon or pay for the meal. To me it was very strange in this tech age that the coupon was still a must. All in all nice place to stay while in Gainesville.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear CaptainMorgan6,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us at the Hilton UF Hotel and Conference Center. We do typically offer coffee in the AM in the lobby for our guests till about 10:30. I am sorry about the coupons, we are trying to figure out a way to do it electronically but even so it is hard to overcome paper.
Please let us know next time your travels bring you to Gainesville, until then.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the major aspects that stood out was the service and friendliness. Every morning at the restaurant, I was greeted with big smiles. Wagih William would go out of his way just to stop and talk with me. I stayed at this hotel for a long period of time and it really made me feel like home. On top of the exceptional staff, the location is convenient for getting around campus. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear smhammond2,
Thank you for your five star review of your recent stay at the Hilton UF Hotel and Conference Center. It is great to get the kind of feedback that you provided about our staff and the time you spent with us. Hopefully you are staying warm in Maine, if you need some warm weather please let us know and we can work on packing some up to ship to you.
Once again thank you and let us know when your travels bring you back again.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Great people, great service, very friendly staff that caters to your needs.
Wagih and Darcey at the restaurant treated us like family !!!
Rachel at front desk is the "BOMB"
Great disposition from the whole staff !!!

Room Tip: Have stayed there at least 30 days total this year and all rooms are great !!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Alan C,
Thank you for the great review about the hotel and the comments about the staff. We do have some great team players, and they are truly hospitality professionals.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you for other reasons soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stay at this location often. Never a problem..Clean, well run, and GATOR friendly. The breakfast buffet is well done. Good location near U.F. Friendly staff ,with the exception of the once and a while haughty front desk staff. Nice Bar...a bit expensive...$7.40 for 1 Shocktop beer. Easy access to I-75 and insurance world at Nationwide, down the block.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Charles C,
Thank you for the great review about your stay. I will make sure to work with our front office team as we continue to strive for excellence.
Please let us know when you are back to Gainesville, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pretty much perfect except there is no complimentary wifi in the rooms. I had to book my flight and next hotel stay in the business center which is a table in the lobby with 2 computers, so not too much privacy. The hotel lobby is beautiful and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I would come here again. The only thing stopping from rating it a perfect is the internet situation. I was only staying 1 night and I wasn't going to pay $10 just to use their wifi for a few hours.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeff J,
Thank you for the feedback about your stay I am sorry about your issue with the wifi. It should have been communicated to you that it was included with your visit to UF. I will make sure that I am working with the agents to let our guests know. Thank you again for the feedback.
Good luck in the matching process.